It may seem a bit early to talk about International Women’s Day, which is March 8th, but what time is better than when you still have time to plan?
Women For Women International is planning on using the day to bring attention to the global food crisis, how it is affecting women and families, and what women are doing about it. They’re hosting a conference call on March 5th, and also have information on their website about how you can get involved by holding your own event or house party to raise awareness.
Are you doing anything special for International Women’s Day? Have an event going on? Know of an organization that is doing something cool, or holding a fundraiser? Leave all of that information in the comments!
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- International Women’s Day is very soon! by Chally February 28, 2010
- Blog for International Women’s Day by Cara March 8, 2010
- Die-In tonight; Tomorrow is International Day To End Violence Against Sex Workers by Clarisse Thorn December 16, 2011
- Events Responding to House’s Attacks on Planned Parenthood by Cara February 21, 2011
- International Sex Workers Rights Day by Cara March 3, 2009