So after finding out that only 37% of women have a favorable view of him, while 56% of men also do, Rush decided to hold a summit to try to figure out where he’s going wrong with the ladies.
Oh why oh why might women not be huge fans? I don’t know, but Think Progress has an idea or two:
– “She’s actually a very smart cat. She gets loved. She gets adoration. She gets petted. She gets fed. And she doesn’t have to do anything for it, which is why I say this cat’s taught me more about women, than anything my whole life.” [11/30/06]
– “He’s trying to figure out how he can get involved in the deal down there at Duke where the lacrosse team…supposedly, you know, raped, some, uh, hos.” [3/31/06]
– “You know, there’s a crisis of young man-boy education in the schools. And they did this on purpose, to eliminate male competition in the work force. This is part of feminazi grand plan.” [5/21/08]
– “Classic example of the castrati, the new castrati. Jack Carter is — has been castrated by the feminization of this culture since he grew up.” [2/21/06]
– “I just heard Erin Burnett sounding a little wifey. … Well [she was] whining.” [10/23/07]
And I could come up with many, many more if I only felt that Rush’s sorry ass was worth the waste of time. For what it’s worth, the first day of Rush’s summit consisted of vile transphobia and whining about how all the women who he asked to call in and tell him what to change are telling him that he should change.
The very concept is good for a laugh, on the one hand. On the other, I’m really just incredibly concerned that such high numbers of Americans have a favorable opinion of Rush Limbaugh. Seriously? Talk about a wake up call.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- “The Voice of the New Castrati” by Jill October 15, 2009
- Miller Lite Ads Say Teh Wimmenz Are Stupid, Wrong and Boring by Cara March 11, 2009
- Why are poor people poor? It’s not the reason you thought! by Cara January 7, 2009
- Thanks, Vogue! Now I want a partial-birth abortion, too! by Jill January 16, 2008
- What are bitches for? Making men money, of course. by Cara November 16, 2007