UPDATE: Whoa. No news yet on the Vitter amendment, but another amendment has also been proposed — this one attacking access to affordable contraception! Call your Senators! Call, call, call!
Sen. David Vitter is yet again attacking Planned Parenthood. He has introduced an amendment to the appropriations bill that would single out Planned Parenthood as ineligible for funding under Title X.
Planned Parenthood has faced these kinds of attacks many times before, even though (or because of, depending on your perception) they’re the leading provider of reproductive health care in the entire country. As the economy worsens, even more people are seeking out assistance from the organization, and they need more help than ever.
Call your Senators today and ask them to speak out on the floor and oppose Sen. David Vitter’s Amendment No. 601 to the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009 (H.R.1105).
Planned Parenthood’s health center is my community’s women’s health center, and I oppose Sen. David Vitter’s Amendment No. 601 to the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009 (H.R.1105). It is an unconstitutional, completely unfounded attack.
The vote is expected to take place this afternoon, which means that it could actually happen any minute. So call NOW. I’ll keep this post updated if there is any news.
- Events Responding to House’s Attacks on Planned Parenthood by Cara February 21, 2011
- Congress Continues Attempts to Fund Abstinence-Only Education by Cara February 25, 2009
- IMPORTANT: Time To Send Your Comments To HHS Is Running Out by Cara September 20, 2008
- Virginia drivers: order your pro-choice plates today! (UPDATED) by Rachel January 17, 2010
- No Abortion Ban: The People Speak by frau sally benz January 26, 2010