Fail Blog Fail

Yeah, screw you guys too.

Thanks to Melinda and Kurry for the link.

About Jill

This entry was posted in Blogging, Gender and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Fail Blog Fail

1. jenny says:

If I had a husband and he handed me that pair of pants to wash, I think I’d throw him out of the house. Fail fail fail!

Though I’m having a bit of a giggle thinking about how stupid a man would have to be to not know how to do laundry AND think that was funny. That’s a whole lotta dumb.

2. emrez49 says:

someone posted on this over at the feministing community blog and, i guess in some ways, fortunately noted that some of the commenters on the post claimed it was photoshopped. regardless, it’s still sad that the admins thought it’d be funny to post it with a “win” caption instead of a “fail.” when will we ever get past sexism being “funny”?

3. Esme says:

You know, when I first saw this on failblog, my brain initially relabeled it as “FAIL” like everything else on the site is fail. And then I saw the “WIN” bit and a little piece of my love of the internet died.

4. div says:

a little unrelated, but growing up, I never did laundry until my grade 10 clothing course in high school. It was never “expected” from me and my dad has always been the one doing the cleaning and laundry. My mother doesn’t do the laundry unless my dad is away or sick.

Good god, thanks to this pic I have now realized that, in fact, it is a miracle my family and I survived this long! How has my father not self-combusted from doing the laundry yet??

5. omg i saw this this morning and was going to post on it! i too was disappointed when it said laundry win. apparently sexism is completely acceptable on failblog, but when something looks like a dick it’s a fail. i don’t understand that logic at all…
    in all honesty, i don’t think my fiance even knows there are tags on the laundry. he asks how to take care of a shirt, and my reply is generally “what does the tag say?” as if i have some vast laundry knowledge in my head. then he gives me a blank look, whereupon i take the damn thing and find the tag for him…

6. I was pissed at them, too. I thought of commenting on the thread then realized it would be a waste of key strokes.

7. Henry says:

These guys are from the same crowd that brought us the definition of rape as “surprise buttsecks” and the magic of pedobear. I’m not exactly shocked they’d find this funny.

8. NapalmNacey says:

I figure that these guys will eventually asshole themselves out of the gene pool. I can only hope, anyway.

9. The Amazing Kim says:

Well, looking at penises makes you gay, innit. And gay is bad, obviously, because something something something.

10. The Opoponax says:

Meh, the general upshot of Fail Blog seems to be:

People from other countries are stupid.

Things I don’t understand or which look weird to me are stupid.

Violating gender norms is stupid.

Faking up a photo to look stupid is cool, even though, duh, anybody can do that. Same for deliberately staging a photograph to look stupid.

Anything that looks vaguely like a penis, no matter how deliberate or accidental, is stupid. Which kind of implies, if we can assume that the folks behind Fail Blog are more likely to be heterosexual men than radical lesbian separatists, that these guys hate their own genitals. Which is pretty much full of fail by definition.

11. Abby says:

I literally came over here directly after seeing that on fail blog. Thanks for posting that, I’m so pissed off at that picture.

12. Elyssa says:

Oh, dammit, I thought it said Fail at first.

Fail, Failblog.

13. april says:

hear hear! crock of shit.

14. Sanjo says:

It would be better if the caption was “FAIL”.
    But then again you know, there are no wimminz on teh interwebs!

15. Phrone says:

I registered it as a fail. I saw the picture here and registered it as saying fail. (I didn’t look at the title.) Oops.

I just find it weird, because fail blog calls out a lot of stupid shit that is obviously racist. Also, there have been sometimes when they’ve called out stuff that was sexist — I just remember “sensitivity fail”, when a newspaper ran the heading “Some chick accuses male colleagues of sexism.” Is the blog a paradigm of virtue? No. But, still, in terms of internet culture, it’s still better than /b/.*

*If you don’t know what /b/ is, consider yourself lucky. And don’t get curious.

16. Titanis walleri says:

But, still, in terms of internet culture, it’s still better than /b/.*”

Talk about damning with faint praise!

17. bekabot says:

“Give it to your wife?” Your wife? Your wife? WTF? As if you guys sitting around photoshopping were married and had wives, heee!! “Give it to your mom” would make more sense.

18. Pingback: Basic Blogging - What is a Blog? | How to Blog Using Wordpress

19. Cecily says:

It does look like it might be ‘shopped, but I wouldn’t count on it. I’ve found cute little messages on laundry tags, though they were actually, you know, cute.

20. Amy says:

yeah that pissed me off when i saw it too. one of the few websites on the internet i thought was not sexist. shame on you failblog.

21. T B says:

There’s such a bitter, aggressive slant at that FAIL site (which basically is about mockery).

That tone or attitude or whatever, in itself, is probably genderless, but the web site does seem to have other masculine leanings.

22. Eliza H. says:

Oh girls, you are so against the male race it is ridiculous! Men naturally have different senses of humor. What is wrong with sexism anyway? We are both different sexes! Making fun of our differences is a way to humorize them, it isn’t indicating that one sex is better than the other. Back before feminism became fanatic and abusive towards the male sex, I’m sure many housewives that did their family’s laundry (including their husband’s) didn’t despise and hate her husband for doing it, she was supporting him while he was helping to provide for her and her family. If more fanatic feminists stopped trying to feminize the male community and masculinize the female community we, (this whole country and over) would be in a far better situation.

23. Allie says:

i have a vagina and this is hilarious

24. Sheelzebub says:

Widdle limp dick boys afwaid of the hot iron?

Trust me, cupcakes, if you insist the woman does all of the ironing, you won’t get a wife. Or a girlfriend who’ll stick around for more than a day or two.

25. Pingback: The Fail Blog Makes Me Happy | Chicago Typewriter

26. Sheelzebub says:

27. Bakka says:

@Sheelzebub:

or

I know these are staged, but here is a non-staged one:

And, of course, insurance costs more for young male drivers. This is for a reason: their accidents are worse and more costly.

Your link made me laugh, though.