Feministe’s Next Top Troll, March Madness Edition – Elite Eight, Bracket Two

It’s March Madness, Feministe-style. We’ve narrowed down our latest trolls from 16 to 8; those eight are divided into four brackets. Vote for your favorites in Bracket Two now. Potentially triggering troll comments below the image.

Jeo:

Wow u guys are a bunch of worthless feminist idiots

VERSUS

Joe:

I am now going to report this site
_______________________

you have been reported i am prepared to sue you because the minute you didnt post my comment you violated free speech and human rights. thats right i know lawyers
______________________

this webring will be deleted

Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Personal Failure
    Personal Failure April 3, 2009 at 9:15 am |

Joe’s going to report us. Clear winner there.

2. Cara
    Cara April 3, 2009 at 9:17 am |

Yeah, this one was easy. Though if Joe gets pitted up against Truth?, I’m going to have some soul-searching to do before making a decision.

3. annajcook
    annajcook April 3, 2009 at 9:32 am |

Being reported to some nameless authority always makes me feel a little better about my day.

4. Jenny
    Jenny April 3, 2009 at 9:38 am |

the accusation of violating not only free speech but human rights got me.

5. Roving Thundercloud
    Roving Thundercloud April 3, 2009 at 10:02 am |

I’m so fond of Jeo, with his possibly misspelled name, but his sentiment is so unremarkable. Joe, on the other hand, has the charming reference to a webring, plus he adds the endearing element of threat. Go for the throat, buddy!

6. Bey
    Bey April 3, 2009 at 10:03 am |

That’s right people – Joe knows lawyers!

Commence the trembling in fear.

7. debbie
    debbie April 3, 2009 at 10:18 am |

Joe, no question.

8. Icewyche
    Icewyche April 3, 2009 at 10:18 am |

Joe. He KNOWS LAWYERS OMG. Commence fearful trembling.

What’s a “webring”, anyway?

9. Roe
    Roe April 3, 2009 at 10:35 am |

Joe, hands down.

10. Maria P.
    Maria P. April 3, 2009 at 10:39 am |

Joe’s evocation of the Good Ol’ Days of Web 1.0 wins it fer me. Webrings, Geocities, AOL… Man, I haven’t thought of that stuff since high school! Thanks for the nostalgia, Joe. Tell the lawyers I say hi.

11. MissPrism
    MissPrism April 3, 2009 at 11:05 am |

Definitely Joe. Hilarious.

12. yesbut
    yesbut April 3, 2009 at 11:37 am |

Points to Joe for his belief in some indeterminate, Kafka-esque agency that can solve all his problems, for totally misunderstanding the concept of freedom of speech, and for not bothering to look at any of the bloggers’ profiles long enough to see that maybe “I know lawyers” wasn’t going to intimidate, eg, Jill.

13. Shinobi
    Shinobi April 3, 2009 at 11:51 am |

I’m sure someone has already said this, but thank you feministe for making March madness no longer something I dread.

14. W. Kiernan
    W. Kiernan April 3, 2009 at 12:38 pm |

Icewyche: What’s a “webring”, anyway?

A webring is what a gentleman website offers a lady website when he asks for her hand in marriage. But nowadays, hah! none of these sassy young websites believe in webrings any more. No, it’s just promiscuously link here, link there, link everywhere with not a care in the world. No wonder there are so many computer viruses these days.

At least Joe still believes in traditional values, which is why he gets my vote.

15. Sarah
    Sarah April 3, 2009 at 12:55 pm |

No, sillies, a webring is the sort of birth control that comes from never wanting to go near a man again after reading too many comments like these. ZOMG, it kills teh babbies!

16. BruceJ
    BruceJ April 3, 2009 at 2:15 pm |

Joe clearly understands and knows All Internet Traditions…

17. cosmonaut
    cosmonaut April 3, 2009 at 5:11 pm |

Even though it is true of both, the total lack of punctuation in Joe’s cracks me up every time I read it. And I love reading it out loud… I imagine sort of passionless and talking too fast.

18. SunlessNick
    SunlessNick April 3, 2009 at 5:14 pm |

I vote for Joe too.

19. RD
    RD April 3, 2009 at 5:41 pm |

joe is my favorite to win the whole thing.

20. Jha
    Jha April 3, 2009 at 6:22 pm |

Joe is Aware of All Internet Traditions.

21. Mr.Pendent
    Mr.Pendent April 4, 2009 at 12:51 am |

Wow! Joe is a whole intarweb of awesome!

He knows LAWYERS. AND he’s going to report us. You can just imagine him typing the ————– and then actually launching another browser session to report the site.

Joe Browser, patrolling the internet and rooting out oppression since at least last week!

22. Salome
    Salome April 4, 2009 at 3:32 am |

The webring comment I think wins Joe the whole competition right there.

And any entitled dickwad who thinks their free speech is violated every time someone doesn’t feeling like listening to whatever they have to say obviously deserves a place in the Troll Hall of Fame.

23. Louise
    Louise April 4, 2009 at 4:59 am |

I am scared. Very scared. Joe’s going to report this site! He knows Lawyers! And webrings!

24. Turbopixie
    Turbopixie April 4, 2009 at 2:46 pm |

I vote Joe. We ought to at least let him win something, seeing as we violated his rights and all.

25. Berg
    Berg April 8, 2009 at 12:55 pm |

Joe’s post has an indefinably magical quality to it that I find irresistable. It feels like it just emanates from some monolithic source of knowledge and power, as though spoken by the Architect of the Matrix: “You have been noted. You have been weighed and measured. Prepare to be deleted”. And, should we not respect his authority, he knows lawyers. Oh, snap.

Actually, maybe we should be afraid, because it does make perfect sense that, in a world where we can’t get a rape case tried in court in most states if there’s not a half dozen witnesses and/or if there’s a drop of alcohol involved, some jackass could get this into court as a human rights violation.

Kiernan, reading your post was as hard as I expect to laugh today. Thanks.

26. Renee
    Renee April 8, 2009 at 3:34 pm |

Yeah Joe the ultimate in tough guys cause he has rights and supposedly women should not have the right to exist without his special brand of hostility.

27. Magis
    Magis April 9, 2009 at 11:40 am |

First you freakin’ feminists tear off the matress tags and then…then…well, you know where that leads to.

28. Patricia
    Patricia April 9, 2009 at 6:14 pm |

Joe is like North Carolina while Jeo is John Tyler Community College. Not even close.