I put up this post taking Miss California to task for her anti-gay views, and a few commenters objected to the fact that I tagged the post “assholes” (others wondered what made Miss CA so different from Barack Obama). Here’s your answer:
The reigning Miss California has gone to Washington to help launch a campaign opposing same-sex marriage.
Carrie Prejean told NBC’s “Today” show Thursday that she’ll be working with the National Organization for Marriage to “protect traditional marriages.”
The 21-year-old says that marriage is “something that is very dear to my heart” and she’s in Washington to help save it.
Sorry guys, but Prejean doesn’t just have the “personal belief” that marriage is between a man and a woman; she wants to legislate that belief for all of us. And that makes her an asshole.
- Defining “intolerance” (Hint: It has nothing to do with depriving you of a tiara) by Jill April 23, 2009
- National Organiztion for Marriage Warns of a “Gathering Storm” of Gay Rights by Cara April 9, 2009
- “Shut up, Bitch” by Jill December 5, 2008
- What was that about “scholarship pageants”? by Jill September 24, 2007
- Well, you appear to be both a homophobe and a fool. by Jill November 10, 2009