Some pro-life groups are issuing statements of condemnation and attempting to paint this murder as the work of an extremist. But this latest act of terrorism is, sadly, not an anomaly. It is part of a clearly-established pattern of harassment, intimidation and violence against abortion providers and pro-choice individuals. And mainstream pro-life groups shoulder much of the blame.
Pro-life organisations routinely refer to abortion as “murder”, a “genocide” and a “holocaust”. They post the full names abortion providers on their websites, along with their addresses, their license plate numbers, their photos, the names of children and the schools those children attend (sometimes with helpful Wild-West-style “Wanted” posters offering $5,000 rewards).
When you convince your followers that abortion providers are the equivalent of SS officers slaughtering innocents by the millions, tell them that “it’s all-out WAR” against pro-choicers and then provide the home addresses and personal information of the “monster” “late-term baby-killer” abortion providers you’re supposedly at war against, you can’t act surprised when those followers conclude that it’s morally justified to use the information to kill doctors.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Toning down rhetoric is one thing. by Jill January 10, 2011
- Neil Horsley: Great Guy. by Jill June 16, 2010
- Anti-Choice Terrorists Claim First Amendment Rights by Jill February 3, 2008
- Congressman booted from Democrats for Life because he wants to reduce the abortion rate by Jill July 14, 2009
- 137 comments in… by Jill July 31, 2007