Target Women: Lady Friends

(Click here if you can’t view the embedded video.)

She had me at “check out these awesome granny panties!”

10 comments for “Target Women: Lady Friends

1. rachel
    June 12, 2009 at 11:24 am

Love it! Funnier than last week’s episode.

2. June 12, 2009 at 11:34 am

hilarious!!! :)

3. June 12, 2009 at 11:44 am

I just about lost it when, at the end of laughing for far too long, she lets out “I just peed.”

Counting the days ’till she gets poached by a show on a big network…

4. June 12, 2009 at 12:15 pm

And, what would Tupperware, Avon, Arbonne, Pampered Chef et al done w/o us and all of our “lady friends.” Nothing like pimping your friends to make money for a corporate entity. Ah, good times.

5. benvolio
    June 12, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Okay, I totally do that kick-up-my-feet thing with my friends when I get a good deal on shoes. Should I be ashamed to be a cliche?

Also, what annoys me most about the moppet toaster-pastry ad is that Good Moppet pronounces her Superior Product as ‘Shtrawberry toaster Shtreudel.’ Can’t casting agents hire moppets that don’t make errors like this? Or overdup with some other moppet’s voice?

6. June 12, 2009 at 2:10 pm

reminded me of the scene in “Mean Girls” when Caddy is being inducted into The Plastics and they question/inform her that you would never buy a skirt w/o checking with your friends if it looks good on you or not.

7. Zoe
    June 12, 2009 at 3:59 pm

This is refreshing. Ahh. These commercials grate on my nerves.

8. Arkady
    June 13, 2009 at 9:14 am

Heh, reminds me of a UK advert that had a Sex and the City-style group extolling the wonders of stool softeners… (can’t find a vid of it I’m afraid)

9. Jha
    June 13, 2009 at 11:46 am

She had me at her hysterical laughter at the Swansons ad.

10. Beet
    June 15, 2009 at 10:14 pm

This is a pretty original take on word of mouth commercials, but it’s sad that they have to go back to Sex and the City, a show cancelled 5 years ago, to find a popular “lady friends” show on TV.