Chrissie Brodigan was getting off the subway with her sick pug when a cop tried to issue her a ticket. According to Brodigan, the situation quickly turned ugly; she became upset, and in response the cop reportedly said, “If you’re going to act like a woman I’m going to treat you like a woman” (a witness heard the cop say, “”Do you wanna talk like a woman? Do you wanna get knocked around like a woman?”). Brodigan told Gothamist, “He punched me in the back (there are bruises), he handcuffed me, and in the scuffle grabbed my breasts and pinched them.”
She has some pretty nasty bruises on her arms from the incident.
The New York Post (not the most reliable source) reports that a witness heard Brodigan make anti-Semitic remarks during the arrest.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Transgender Woman Beaten By Police and Threatened With Murder in Honduras by Cara February 10, 2009
- It’s About Control by Chally March 21, 2010
- Henry Louis Gates Jr. arrested by Jill July 21, 2009
- Justice for the Women of Atenco by Cara March 18, 2009
- Arrest Made in Oscar Grant Murder by Cara January 14, 2009