More than 60 campers from Northeast Philadelphia were turned away from a private swim club and left to wonder if their race was the reason.
“They just kicked us out. And we were about to go. Had our swim things and everything,” said camper Simer Burwell.
The explanation they got was either dishearteningly honest or poorly worded.
“There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion … and the atmosphere of the club,” John Duesler, President of The Valley Swim Club said in a statement.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Name That Quote. by Jill May 29, 2009
- Time to cancel that Esquire subscription by Jill December 4, 2006
- “Thanks for the tacos, now get out of our country” by Jill September 27, 2010
- We’re not racist, we just hate niggers by Jill January 28, 2007
- Shorter Caleb Posner: Give me my porn, and please stop making me share my water fountain with the dark people by Jill November 10, 2007