Caroline recently emailed me to fill me in on a new blog project that sounded cool and important, and which I thought might interest many Feministe readers. (Full disclosure: Jill and I will be occasionally guest blogging.) Check out Caroline below:
Hi people! I’m Caroline Shepherd. Cara has very kindly given me the chance to guest post to let me tell you about my new blog.
It’s called Harlot’s Parlour; it’s a group blog for sex workers and allies to discuss sex, sexuality and sex workers rights and issues in the UK, Europe and beyond. As well as writing about current issues in sexuality and sex work, we’re going to be writing theoretically about sex work and feminism, looking at how sex work is portrayed in the media and the law. Here’s the first post that introduces the writers (some you’ll know, some you won’t) and contains all the information on how the blog came about.
I hope you all pay us a visit, we’re pretty excited about this!
- International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers by Cara December 18, 2009
- Centering Sex Worker Voices by Jill February 8, 2013
- Why the Sex Positive Movement is Bad for Sex Workers by Jill April 20, 2012
- International Sex Workers Rights Day by Cara March 3, 2009
- Die-In tonight; Tomorrow is International Day To End Violence Against Sex Workers by Clarisse Thorn December 16, 2011