Comes a study summarized by the New York Times thusly: Study Finds Women Wear Shoes That Cause Pain.
Their grand conclusion: “More than 60 percent of women said that in the past they generally wore high heels, pumps, sandals and slippers, all of which researchers rated as higher risk.” Shocking. And then: “When it comes to shoes, men make much better choices, the study found; fewer than 2 percent wore bad shoes.”
Yes, because it just comes down to men making better choices and not, you know, social and cultural pressures to wear particular, gendered footwear, and limited availability of supportive women’s shoes. Men are just smarter like that.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- If this is true, then I’m possibly the smartest person in the world by Jill November 13, 2007
- And now for your daily Misuse of Science… by Holly July 3, 2007
- New Rule: Bill Maher gets to eat in public unaccosted when babies do. by Jill September 19, 2007
- I’m Sorry by Jill October 4, 2010
- The War Over Women’s Bodies by Jill June 3, 2008