Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) took to the House floor last night to warn against a provision of the House health care bill, which would authorize non-profit entities to operate health clinics in schools — which she said would lead to Planned Parenthood “sex clinics” giving abortions to 13-year old girls without the parents knowing about it.
Bachmann said that the bill required the protection of privacy for patient and student records, and asked: “Does that mean that someone’s 13 year-old daughter could walk into a sex clinic, have a pregnancy test done, be taken away to the local Planned Parenthood abortion clinic, have their abortion, be back and go home on the school bus that night? Mom and dad are never the wiser, they don’t know any different.”
I think it’s safe to say the bill does not mean that, but points for effort.
- Playing Politics With Cancer Screening by Jill March 26, 2007
- Standing with Planned Parenthood by Jill February 4, 2011
- Pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions for potentially life-saving drugs by Jill January 13, 2011
- House votes to block all funding from Planned Parenthood by Jill February 18, 2011
- Ignoring Anti-Choice Terrorism by Jill July 2, 2007