Anti-choicers are using eBay to raise money for doctor-killer Scott Roeder, who shot George Tiller while Dr. Tiller attended church. While I don’t object to that in priciple — after all, everyone is entitled to defend themselves in court, and private attorneys are expensive — we aren’t talking about auctioning off that bag of clothes you found in the attic, or your cousin’s collection of shot glasses. No, they’re auctioning off items that have the unique pedigree of being tied to pro-life murderers — Army of God manuals, prison cookbooks compiled by a woman doing time for abortion clinic bombings and arsons, an autographed bullhorn, and drawings by Roeder. The point isn’t to raise money to defend Roeder, it’s to glorify his actions, and the violence perpetrated by other “pro-life” activists.
Ebay doesn’t allow the sale of items that promote or glorify violence. Contact eBay here and ask them to take down these auctions.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- The War Over Women’s Bodies by Jill June 3, 2008
- Newsflash, jackasses: Planned Parenthood is a health care provider by Jill December 2, 2008
- Shockingly, caving to right-wing interests does not achieve progressive goals. by Jill January 29, 2009
- Wombs for Rent by Jill December 8, 2008
- Yes, Jill Stanek and Operation Rescue, you are aiding terrorists and murderers. You know it, and you are doing it on purpose. by Jill June 3, 2009