If you live in Virginia and/or have your car registered there, Planned Parenthood needs your help. They’re working to get a pro-choice license plate approved by the state legislature, but in order to do so they need 350 pre-paid orders. You know you want one. Hell, I want one and I live in DC without a car.
Funds generated from the sale will go directly to Planned Parenthood clinics across Virginia and will be used to provide health services like annual gynecological exams, sexually transmitted infection testing, and follow-up care for under- or uninsured patients. Money won’t be used for abortion services, so if you have that one aunt who’s kinda on the fence, you can tell her that – this money will fund the sort of services that support women’s health while helping to lessen the need for abortion.
Visit the Planned Parenthood of Virginia website to see more and to order your pro-choice plates: http://www.ppav.org/keyissues/licenseplate.html
Update: The deadline for ordering your license plate has been moved up. All 350 pre-paid applications must be submitted by this Thursday, January 21, or the legislation will not move forward. So don’t delay!
- IMPORTANT: Time To Send Your Comments To HHS Is Running Out by Cara September 20, 2008
- In honor of Dr. Tiller by Jill May 31, 2009
- Events Responding to House’s Attacks on Planned Parenthood by Cara February 21, 2011
- Call Congress to Protect Planned Parenthood Funding by Cara March 4, 2009
- Live in Illinois? Read on… by Rachel March 20, 2009