Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. charlotte
    charlotte January 28, 2010 at 1:11 am |

Yay for repealing DADT, yay for bitchslapping the SCOTUS on the campaign financing fiasco, and yay for kicking the Party of No in the groin. Here’s hoping that one will hurt for a looooong time.

2. Manju
    Manju January 28, 2010 at 1:11 am |

I reacted well to it…as long as you replace the T with a J.

3. BL1Y
    BL1Y January 28, 2010 at 1:37 am |

I was at a (republican) campaign meeting during tSotU, as one of the token moderate. It’s a pretty ultra-conservative state, so even a true moderate has an (R) after their name.

But anyways, what I found interesting about it, as much as the people there can’t stand Obama, is their tone towards tSotU. It was mostly apathy. No one expected Obama to say anything we didn’t expect, and no one wanted to spend an hour listening to him not saying anything new.

4. Henrietta G. Tavish
    Henrietta G. Tavish January 28, 2010 at 9:35 am |

It was exactly as I had hoped it would be.

5. BL1Y
    BL1Y January 28, 2010 at 10:45 am |

AP Factcheck wasn’t too kind on the speech.

Seems like a lot of the stats Obama cites have pretty much no evidence backing them up. I guess his position is that if you can’t prove him wrong, he’s right. Also, there is a tea pot in space between Mars and Venus. Can’t prove there isn’t.

6. Nicholas
    Nicholas January 28, 2010 at 2:12 pm |

He is who I thought/hoped he was back in autumn 2007.

7. Rae
    Rae January 28, 2010 at 4:19 pm |

BL1Y – of course there is. It’s on Earth ;)

8. PrettyAmiable
    PrettyAmiable January 28, 2010 at 4:22 pm |

It irritates me that if there is an order to acknowledging rights for people who identify as gay, it’s “die for the country that suppresses you” before “get to visit a sick partner in the hospital.”

I don’t know. Better then the McCain/Palin abomination that could have been, but the pandering to the center is gross.

9. UnFit
    UnFit January 28, 2010 at 5:58 pm |

PreattyAmiable, thanks for putting it in such clear words. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it before.

10. PrettyAmiable
    PrettyAmiable January 29, 2010 at 3:02 pm |

I don’t know where this would best be commented, but since I first voiced my disdain for this particular mode of action (and really, Obama’s complete inaction regarding gay rights), I figured here might be okay (but delete away if this is wrong).

CitizenTube is hosting an interview session with Prez Obama on Feb 1st and is asking for question submissions. I essentially submitted that in video form. Everyone can vote on it here: http://www.youtube.com/citizentube#p/c/EB843ABAF59735FD
    Feministing has indicated that there is a stunning lack of questions from females (and I also wonder about the transgender representation, if there is any), so I encourage you all to not only vote for me, but to add your own questions!