After deliberating for 37 minutes, a jury has found Scott Roeder, the murderer of abortion provider Dr. George Tiller, guilty as charged. He now faces a mandatory life sentence with consideration for parole after 25 years. The prosecution is aiming for 50 years without parole.
Dr. Tiller is still dead, and abortion providers and clinic workers are still living in fear, so it’s a little difficult for me to celebrate in a moment like this. But what I do feel is intense relief.
Consider this an open thread.
- Why Dr. LeRoy Carhart Won’t Stop Doing Abortions by Cara August 19, 2009
- Abortion Provider Dr. Tiller Shot Dead at Wichita Church by Cara May 31, 2009
- Dr. Tiller’s Clinic Will Remain Closed by Cara June 9, 2009
- Who Killed George Tiller? by Jill June 1, 2009
- Violence-Abetting Anti-Choice Fanatics: Now in Congress by Jill June 19, 2009