This blog post about mother and daughter Joanie and Abby warmed my heart, and could not have been written about two more lovely, inspiring women. Joanie has been battling cancer for more than a decade, and her daughter Abby has used her love of music to raise awareness about breast cancer and to shore up resources for research organizations. Joanie, her husband Bob and Abby are also long-time family friends — I used to babysit Abby, and was blessed to experience first-hand how warm, loving and brave their family is. So go read the post — and check out the whole blog, which features stories of inspiring women, while you’re at it.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Light the Night with Jack by Lauren September 28, 2009
- American icon “Norma Rae” dies after struggling with her insurance company to cover her chemo by Jill September 16, 2009
- That girl thinks she’s the queen of the neighborhood. by Jill January 7, 2010
- Cause you can’t handle me by Sarah June 12, 2010
- A Five-Year-Old on Erykah Badu’s “Window Seat” Video by Cara April 8, 2010