A Five-Year-Old on Erykah Badu’s “Window Seat” Video

A lot of really, really fabulous things have been written about Erykah Badu’s video for her song “Window Seat,” and I’m sure that you’ve come across many of them.

But this post is the greatest thing that I’ve read on the subject, and just the most beautiful thing I’ve read generally in some time.

I felt immediately compelled to share; go check it out.

6 comments for “A Five-Year-Old on Erykah Badu’s “Window Seat” Video

1. Holy!
    April 8, 2010 at 11:16 am

I have no strong reaction to this video one way or the other. I don’t see it as a great piece of art; I don’t see it as some monstrous obscenity. I’m surprised at how few middle views their are of it though. Every one seems to be on one side of the fence or the other.

2. Samantha b.
    April 8, 2010 at 11:40 am

Holy!, I don’t have a strong reaction to the video, either. The post, on the other hand, *so* made of win. You’ve made my day better, Cara.

3. star
    April 8, 2010 at 12:12 pm

What an interesting/amazing conversation. It brought tears to my eyes. Now to go see this video.. haha

4. Kate
    April 8, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I don’t tend to like kids and I sure as hell don’t want any of my own, but every once in awhile kids, like this one, are just impossibly adorable (see also: the YouTube video with the kid asking about the two husbands).

And it makes me sad.

5. Corbin
    April 8, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Thanks for giving me another reason to say that children are my favorite type of people! Sounds like this girl has an open mind and her own opinion, and she is delightfully non-judgemental.

6. Chocolate Tort
    April 8, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I’ve been hearing about this video for awhile, but this kid’s reaction to it finally spurred me to see it. What a sweet and perceptive kid.