You have probably heard by now the completely unsurprising news that John Paul Stevens, the leader of the liberal wing of the Supreme Court of the United States, is retiring. Slate solicits the opinions of some legal experts for who should replace him, and there are some good options (Bryan Stevenson is one of my personal favorite dark horse candidates). The front-runners seem to be Diane Wood, Elena Kagan and Merrick Garland — not terrible choices either.
Who are you all placing your bets on, and who are you hoping for?
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Apparently I spoke too soon. by Jill May 14, 2009
- Fat is a Feminist Issue by Jill May 5, 2009
- Elena Kagan and Harvard Law School by Jill May 11, 2010
- As Supreme Court Nomination Speculation Heats Up, Keeping Our Eyes on the Bigger Prize by Jill May 14, 2009
- Souter to Leave Court by Jill May 1, 2009