FNTT Season 6: the Get Over It, Bitches edition

For this round of Feministe’s Next Top Troll, we have trolls who would like us all to move on with our lives and Stop Being So Upset About Everything. It’s because they care, you guys. Vote below the fold.

Man:

Get over it. Somebody missed the point of failblog. And isms (including feminism and sexism) are funny, as are people who take themselves too seriously. Has it crossed anyone’s mind that if you’re laughing at it, it’s because it’s stupid for someone to sincerely promote these kinds of attitudes towards women. Now you can get back to growing your armpit hair out.

Martin:

Stop being so butthurt over everything, you sad lonely feminists.

Jason:

Lighten up. Jeez.

Ryan:

Someone sounds intimidated by the prospect of men speaking about their experiences and feelings… Get used to it lady..

Men are forming ranks to finish the job you started… Soon men won’t have anything to do with women and “their” children.

rebukingfeminism.blogspot.com

59 comments for “FNTT Season 6: the Get Over It, Bitches edition

1. April 30, 2010 at 11:39 am

It was a close race between Man and Ryan. Ryan has his own anti-feminist blog to enhance his “credibility”, but Man’s armpit hair crack (NOOOO, we’ve never heard that one before, har har har) won him my vote.

2. el
    April 30, 2010 at 11:44 am

Jason got my vote for his classic, succinct style.

3. April 30, 2010 at 11:44 am

I picked Ryan. Not only was it barely coherent, I really enjoy the thought of a lockstep deadbeat father army.

4. phira
    April 30, 2010 at 11:49 am

I had to vote for Ryan because of the wtf-ness of the second paragraph. Especially since yes, I would like to be … independent from my dependency on men (?!).

5. Georgia Eliot
    April 30, 2010 at 11:51 am

my daughter shaves her legs and armpits…should I give her to her deadbeat dad or not? I’m so confused……

6. Amanda
    April 30, 2010 at 11:54 am

Ryan for the dependent/independent lesson. Glad he cleared that up for me: I realize now I’m trying to be independent from dependency on men. Thanks Ryan!

7. rebekah
    April 30, 2010 at 12:00 pm

ryan because I have no idea what he is trying to say. And this is the third time that he has been nominated, I think he deserves some kind of special award for that

8. Linoleum Blownaparte
    April 30, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Independently speaking, I’m independently voting for Ryan’s Independence Post, independent of any other reason.

Also, independence.

9. Rain
    April 30, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Ryan, for the insight that independence from dependency leads to independence. Even though independence doesn’t *lead* to independence, it *is* independence.

Ever notice how when you look at a word really long, it starts to look weird, like it’s spelled wrong? Happens to me, anyway. I had to look up dependency and independence to reassure myself.

10. jen
    April 30, 2010 at 12:06 pm

I did love Ryan’s “get used to it lady” :D and the completely pointless rambling about interdependent independence from dependent independency, but he’s too frequent of a troll to vote for him every time and he’s always promoting his ridiculous blog that no one cares about *yawn*.

So I’ll go with Martin, because he starts off as someone who considers himself aloof from all the misogyny-silliness and wants tot spread the joy, and then has a total misogynistic break-down with the armpit-hair-“argument”… *Really*?!

11. Liser
    April 30, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Ryan. Because that was a lot of words for something so nonsensical. Daaaamn. Men who are independent of my dependency on men. WHAT?

12. Becca
    April 30, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I went with Man for trying to explain things, but Martin was a close second for the word “butthurt.”

13. leedevious
    April 30, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I like how Ryan was trying to be witty but he failed.

14. Ama
    April 30, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I had to go with Man. There was just a certain je ne sais quoi about saying “Chauvinism is so stupid, so don’t worry about it and grow that armpit hair!”

15. Tracey
    April 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I think I get it:
    We are afraid of men who are strong
    because it will make us independent of our dependency on men
    (we secretly want to be dependent on men).
    strong men are independent from us depending on them
    (they don’t need women to depend on them to reinforce their sense of manhood)
    B/c they don’t need a woman’s dependency on them, they will leave women independent.

I am going to watch some Insane Clown Posse videos to clear my mind.

16. Hussyville
    April 30, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Ryan’s only coming over in the hope that we’ll visit his blog, so no vote for that one.

Man gets my vote because of the doublethink involved: “It’s funny! But I’m only laughing at it because it’s unacceptable! But if you’re not laughing, you’re taking it too seriously!”

17. Erin
    April 30, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Ryan, because he seems to think that these nonsensical comment, “Sounds like you are intimidated by the prospect of men who are strong and independent from your dependency on men which will lead to female independence….,” was poignant. I’m surprised he didn’t follow it with, “I totes just blew your mind!”

18. April 30, 2010 at 1:18 pm

It was neck and neck: Man vs. Ryan.

I voted for Ryan in the previous bracket because, well, a person whose blog is dedicated to “rebuking” feminism is just awesome in a macabre sort of way. And as other commenters have suggested, the “gotcha” logic of Ryan and his cronies “freeing” us feminist from our dependence through banning together, taking their toys and going home (raise your hand if you’ll miss them) totally lightened my Friday.

In the end though, I went with Man. In part because of the hubris of naming yourself after a whole gender. But mostly because he pulls the classic anti-feminist gimmick of accusing people whose attitudes he doesn’t like of being “too serious” and not “getting” that it was a “joke” (so lighten up already!). As someone who has been told my whole life that I think too much and that earnestness is some sort of crime, I find this a particularly egregious kind of dismissal of another person’s experience.

19. April 30, 2010 at 1:19 pm

“Butthurt” made my inner 12 year old gigglesnort. What does that even mean?

20. April 30, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ryan won with,

“the prospect of men who are strong and independent from your dependency on men which will lead to female independence….What’s the matter, you don’t want to be independent from dependency on men???”

[Insert clip from Scanners where the guy’s head explodes.]

21. April 30, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Ryan, because ditto The Chemist. I mean…. wtf?

22. Pidgey
    April 30, 2010 at 1:52 pm

At this point I’ve read so many ridiculous things by Ryan that I fear I’ve developed a voting bias towards him.

23. April 30, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Ryan actually makes sense to me, as I’ve heard the same brofeminism in the wild. “Well, if women really want to be independent, that means they won’t be able to expect men to do/buy/whatever everything for them any more!” They seem to believe that feminism also condones women’s dependence on men for all their material needs. Obviously, everything bad that women do is feminist. I then have to step back and explain why the whole sugar-daddy setup is antifeminist to begin with, as well as the nasty conditions that keep it going strong. At that point, their rebuke is usually to change the topic.

24. April 30, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Voted for Man because feminism and sexism (and other ism!) are laugh Til You Drop hilarious!

25. Gembird
    April 30, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I voted for Ryan, because what is that? I don’t even… I just… what?

26. Chocolate Tort
    April 30, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Oh noes, Ryan is right! Dudes won’t open doors for us anymore if our radical feminist ideas infiltrate society, and then how will us weak, noodle-armed ladies get into and out of rooms??

27. Politicalguineapig
    April 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Martin. Snrk.

28. Roving Thundercloud
    April 30, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Oh, Man gets it because not only is he MAN, but he states flatly that isms (feminism and sexism, but probably also racism, ableism, etc.) are funny. Bonus points for the armpit hair remark.

Sorry Ryan, I feel like you’re actively trying to win this competition with your nonsense, and that irritates me.

Rain: yes, that happens to me too. I remember once having trouble with the word “tomorrow” for most of a day.
    Chocolate Tort: “noodle-armed” made me giggle. Typing it makes me LOL. Maybe it’s just the caffeine I had at lunch, but thanks for the laugh.

29. Phee
    April 30, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Ryan, but only because it was so easy to imagine him triumphantly typing all of that and then immediately pulling on a tinfoil hat and staring at the carpet for 15 minutes.

30. leedevious
    April 30, 2010 at 3:31 pm

@chocolate tort

“noodle-armed” makes me think of whacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men.

31. Lauren
    April 30, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Man clearly has not read Susan Douglas’ “Enlightened Sexism,” which talks about using irony and “joking around” as a way to promote real sexist ideas. But, you know, since NO ONE would actually hold those views, it’s okay to joke about them. UGH

32. Atheistchick
    April 30, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Man, because sexism is so *pauses to brush armpit hair off of keyboard* fucking hilarious.

33. April 30, 2010 at 4:48 pm

I vote Ryan because if you reversed the sexes (male to female, female to male) … you’d pretty much have a militant feminist who can’t articulate that well. And that’s hilarious.

34. Agnes
    April 30, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Ryan, because he’s one of those people who think the aim of feminism is to rid the world of all men and probably throw the children into dungeons or something.

Last time he was featured on FNTT I made the mistake of visiting hi blog out of curiosity. Bad idea.

35. Melissa
    April 30, 2010 at 5:30 pm

The armpit hair… It blew my mind.

36. April 30, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Man got points… he actively tries to intimidate women with implying they are ugly (you know, only ugly women have armpits and armpit hair so if you have. and of course only ugly women would use their brains and be critical, right?) and/or loneliness and therefore the insignificance of their words, thoughts or actions.

I truly believe that many things are funny and this particular person trying to be witty, sarcastic and logical is one of them.

But my winner is Ryan, he’s such a failure that he doesn’t even try to sound coherent. He just throws some pieces and hopes that something will hit the target or at least be in the relative direction of the target.
    What was that about the children? I really didn’t get it. A few days ago another loony troll explained how the world is doomed because giving birth isn’t the top priority of every living female, and now this sorry excuse of a human tries to imply that only women want kids and men doesn’t give a shit. :)

Truly hilarious. :)

37. Kim
    April 30, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Ryan for sure because it sounds like he was drunk when writing that.

38. Ryan for the win
    April 30, 2010 at 7:35 pm

“and now this sorry excuse of a human tries to imply that only women want kids and men doesn’t give a shit.”

You could be right, of course, but…

The reason Ryan got my vote was because I actually think he meant to say something to the effect that, maybe, men are going to start having children now? After forming ranks? Or something? Thus finishing the job that women started?

It’s making my armpit hair hurt now, so I must stop… stop trying to decode Ryan.

39. April 30, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Man made a strong effort, but Ryan wins for sheer WTFness.

40. eilish
    April 30, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Ryan. No question this time. Pure gold.

41. Lurkin Merkin
    April 30, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Man was good, but didn’t seem to realize that I can multi-task by having no sense of humor AND growing my armpit hair out at the same time.

Ryan definitely wins though – mostly because I have no idea what he’s trying to say. He seems to think he’s making a good point. That amuses me.

42. prowlerzee
    April 30, 2010 at 8:57 pm

It’s Man, all the way! He uses the same argument as the antiabortionists who tell you, “your mother didn’t abort you…..but maybe she should’ve!”

And he makes the tired old cliche of armpit hair sexy again!

I dread the day the FNTT season is over. Are there reruns to tide us over till the next season???

43. Em
    April 30, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Ha! Butthurt. Hilarious, but not good enough for the vote. Went with our good friend Ryan. Mainly due to the incoherency of his comment and the fact that he has an equally incoherent anti-feminist personal website.

44. April 30, 2010 at 10:59 pm

ryan… wha?

45. TeriSaw
    May 1, 2010 at 1:47 am

I had to vote for Man because I literally got this thrown at me today in a discussion about objectifying language.

46. May 1, 2010 at 1:59 am

independent from dependency

That. Is beautiful.

47. May 1, 2010 at 7:50 am

Also Ryan, because I so love the word “rebuke”.

48. OtherJen
    May 1, 2010 at 9:29 am

“Butthurt” is indeed an awesome word, but Man compelled me to give up my lurker status because he managed to conflate feminism and sexism (bc they both have “ism” on the end? I guess?) as Things That Are Funny bc They are Stoopid, and then for wiping out his entire argument by suggesting the growth of armpit hair, an… attempt at comedy? Man, dude, maybe we aren’t too serious. Maybe you are just not that funny.

Ryan was lol incoherent, but is a little too persistent. I have to go for the unfunny underdog.

49. Dominique
    May 1, 2010 at 10:21 am

This. @rebekah “ryan … this is the third time that he has been nominated, I think he deserves some kind of special award for that”

50. W. Kiernan
    May 1, 2010 at 11:50 am

I like the line “Now you can get back to growing your armpit hair out.” It suggests that, for a while, the reader’s armpit hair had ceased to grow. That she could turn it off when she was reading a particularly challenging blog post, so as not to distract her (maybe it tickles), like a student might turn the radio volume down while studying a particularly tricky equation or syllogism.

However, if you’re male, like I am, Ryan makes you flinch; thus, instant winner! “Men are forming ranks”?! Wait, you’re running around telling people that I too am a sign-waving member of the Tuff Guyz Girl-haters Club? Aaagh! Get away from me, you asshole!

51. Amelia the Lurker
    May 1, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Ryan, for bringing that execrable “Rebuking Feminism” into the picture again, and for the magnificently incoherent “Sounds like you are intimidated by the prospect of men who are strong and independent from your dependency on men which will lead to female independence….What’s the matter, you don’t want to be independent from dependency on men???”

52. Valerie2
    May 1, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Had to go with our boy Ryan.
    He’s getting strong and forming ranks. That’s all I need to know.

The Chemist: Thanks. Laughed at Scanners!

53. Melissa
    May 2, 2010 at 9:01 am

Man. Mostly just because he calls himself simply “Man.” Alright, dude, we get it.

But the armpit hair thing was pretty awesome too.

54. Belinda
    May 2, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Ryan, by a long shot: he sounds like an mansplainer trying very hard to teach us something that will put us back in our place but he has such a fuzzy brain he can’t even articulate properly what he wants to say.
    I lke it when a stuttering idiot tries to assert the superiority of male intellect but fails pathetically.

55. y11
    May 2, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Ryan, because his website is deliciously idiotic. Thanks for making a straw man of anti-feminism…unlike people like Christina Hoff Summers, he doesn’t even have the common sense to make it sound like something other than a conspiracy theory. Yes, the feminists also killed JFK and are hiding Osama Bin Laden in their basements.

56. Jamie
    May 2, 2010 at 6:46 pm

It took me a bit to choose between Man and Ryan, but I couldn’t quite figure out what Ryan was saying, so Man won my vote.

57. calyx
    May 3, 2010 at 1:32 am

Man, for the execrable doublethink-itude. Ryan was second, but he was too ridiculously florid to get my gander up. The other two were just boring.

58. Katie
    May 3, 2010 at 9:20 pm

What? What was “Man” trying to express? It didn’t make any damn sense.

59. thepenguingirl