I couldn’t help but notice a lot of random articles today that were in some way about Latinos or Latin America. Here’s a rundown for you:
An American woman has been in a Peruvian prison for the past 15 years for “aiding leftist rebels.”
Hackers changed road signs to read “No Tacos” and “No Latinos.” Lovely… Even lovelier is that people’s reaction to this over on Newser was to mark it “hilarious.” (At the moment, it’s 56% hilarious, 17% depressing, 17% brilliant, 5% annoying, 3% scary, 1% intriguing.)
A man called 911 when a police officer began sexually assaulting his girlfriend, and now he’s being deported because he’s here illegally.
The immigration issue has reportedly turned some Latinos against the GOP… I guess? The numbers seem to be more a reflection of differences between Whites and Latinos than Latinos before and Latinos now. Whatevs…
There’s the Latino news you can use.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Stop right there, thank you very much by Queen Emily June 22, 2010
- Arizona Set to Pass Anti-Immigrant Legislation by Cara April 6, 2010
- Yes, I’m sure immigrants are crossing the desert by foot for the free water by Jill September 27, 2010
- Arizona Immigration Law: A Roundup by Cara April 26, 2010
- Confronting Citizenship in Sexual Assault by Cara April 14, 2010