In light of yesterday’s discussion of SatC, I thought I’d direct your attention to Muslimah Media Watch’s discussion of the film.
If any non-Arab, non-Muslim readers are itching to say (or repeat), “Well, I don’t think it’s racist, and my opinion is valid, too, and also you’re just looking for stuff to complain about!” just please, please remember that these women may have a wee bit more expertise on the subject than you do. Do you enjoy it when a member of a privileged group lectures you on what is and isn’t offensive to your group? No, it’s frustrating and insulting! Stay civil, all.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- One Book I Won’t Be Reading by Jill June 30, 2009
- Defending Sex and the City (sort of, not really). by Jill June 1, 2010
- Why Do You Speak? by Julie May 27, 2009
- Feministe Book Review 2: The Diary of a Shirtwaist Striker by EG November 30, 2015
- A terrible idea indeed. by Jill January 13, 2009