Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Alison
    Alison June 14, 2010 at 3:24 pm |

Jill, you really are the worst feminist ever because HELLO that picture should be way bigger. God, it’s like you totally don’t care.

Also – he may be a douche but my oh my.

2. Henry
    Henry June 14, 2010 at 3:32 pm |

Cue angsty navel-gazing about sexual objectification and dominate physical beauty paradigms. Ready, go!

3. Henry
    Henry June 14, 2010 at 3:33 pm |

Dominant, rather. A good proof-reader I am not.

4. Gwye
    Gwye June 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm |

I love it when women gaze at men. It reminds me that men are beautiful too, and women have the right to enjoy them.

5. Tracey
    Tracey June 14, 2010 at 4:31 pm |

Jill, are you really so inconsiderate? After concerns of explaining goofy smiles at work…oh wait, it is after five in my time zone.

You’re welcome.

6. Gembird
    Gembird June 14, 2010 at 4:36 pm |

Dammit Jill, you really are the worst feminist ever. You’re marginalising those of us who throw up in our mouths a tiny bit when we see that douchenozzle in his underpants.

(I really hope nobody thinks I’m making fun of them, I’m just in a really “Oh I am so witty and badass RITE U GUISE” mood so yeah, apologies if I seem like a douchenozzle myself)

7. Henry
    Henry June 14, 2010 at 4:57 pm |

“Oh I know he is kind of a douche, but THOSE ABS.”

See, it’s that kind of thinking that inflicted “The Situation” on the world.

P.S. On a totally unrelated note, I should probably be doing more crunches.

8. Marksman2010
    Marksman2010 June 14, 2010 at 5:55 pm |

He’s too small.

9. Cole Grey
    Cole Grey June 14, 2010 at 7:11 pm |

I love the new tag.

10. Elizabeth
    Elizabeth June 14, 2010 at 7:29 pm |

Jill, you are my favorite feminist. All the people who think feminists don’t have a sense of humor need to come here.

11. Hugo
    Hugo June 14, 2010 at 7:47 pm |

He’s a beautiful man, one of the most extraordinary contemporary footballers, and on top of that, a deliciously wonderful figure to hate. The fact that he is so evidently pretty and even more evidently aware of it adds to the pleasure of rooting against him — and adds to the injury he inflicts when he scores. I’ll never forget that Portugal-England 2006 final and his role in Rooney’s unwarranted ejection. Cristiano Ronaldo was the Satanic sex god of soccer, a swaggering incubus.

His fall will be epic when it comes. Until then, let him be gorgeous and good.

12. Natalia Antonova
    Natalia Antonova June 15, 2010 at 5:02 am | *

I’ll take a bite out of this jerk on any day of the week. ;)

13. Sid
    Sid June 15, 2010 at 9:06 am |

Actually, I think the underwear looks pretty comfortable. It might top off low, but it looks like it provides plenty of support, and lets face it, briefs get too much hate. These look like they’d be worth it if it weren’t for the hideously excessive logo placement.