So, I’m Erica Sackin, one of the many guest bloggers whose semi-capable hands you’ve been left in for the next two weeks.
I’m a feminist, but usually I write more about the young and tragically hip for websites such as The Awl, or FreeWilliamsburg.com. I also work for Planned Parenthood of New York City (where I sometimes blog), but everything I write while on Feministe will be mine, not the organization’s. Also, let’s be clear: I may write about our experiences with sex and sexuality, but I’m in no way a medical expert. So, like, don’t ask me for medical advice. I’ll just tell you to go see a doctor (or nurse, OBGYN, APC, etc.).
Please feel free to comment all over the place on anything I write. The internet has brought us a lot of great things (Cat videos! Searching for bars/restaurants! Directions!) but one of my favorites has been the vibrant feminist communities where people from all over the world can share their personal experiences together, without fear of (serious) repercussions.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Announcement by zuzu May 17, 2007
- One last note about sex, stories, and the whole ‘Jesus as cockblocker’ thing. by Erica June 28, 2010
- 5,000th Post! by Jill August 9, 2007
- Where are the feminists today? by Jill February 27, 2013
- Feminist Blogs by Lauren January 9, 2005