There’s something that always gets me about white people who want to restrict immigration so as to preserve their cultural and racial dominance, which is supposedly under threat, in a given country. Who want to ban, for instance, Muslim women from wearing clothing of religious, cultural and social importance because they feel uncomfortable encountering the Other in their own backyard. Who want to partake in bits of non-white, non-Western cultures but don’t want those people around so much because this suburb is becoming overrun, and it’s a bit scary, don’t you know?
So, I’ve got a question for white people who feel uncomfortable with having their status as the default humans threatened.
You want to prevent us Others from living where we wish…
You want us to keep our strange customs and faces to ourselves…
You want selected bits of who we are but you want the fullness of who we are out of your faces…
… and you’re the ones who feel threatened?
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Xenophobic Nutbag Politicians: Not Just in America! by Jill June 3, 2008
- U.S. Immigration Enforcement Finally Preaches What it Practices by Cara November 18, 2007
- The Running of the Jews by Jill February 18, 2008
- Time To Fire Ross Douthat, round 4095 by Jill December 7, 2009
- I Blame the Kyriarchy by Holly May 1, 2008