Three cheers for Brazil for electing their first woman President. Dilma Rousseff of the Worker’s Party won yesterday’s runoff election against Jose Serra and will be inaugurated this coming January. Learn a bit more about Rousseff here. Feminist agendas in Latin America still need work but hopefully as more women come into positions of power, those issues can get the attention and reform they need.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Ready for Recess: Conference Call on Health Reform by Rachel August 5, 2009
- May 1st: March for Immigration Reform by Cara April 30, 2010
- Die-In tonight; Tomorrow is International Day To End Violence Against Sex Workers by Clarisse Thorn December 16, 2011
- Back Up Your Birth Control 2010 by frau sally benz March 24, 2010
- Bush Officially Proposes Anti-Abortion DHHS Rule by Cara August 22, 2008