This Friday, December 3rd, join WAM!NYC for a radical 80s prom to benefit the fantastic organization Women, Action and the Media. It’s at the Bowery Poetry Club and starts at 10 pm — be there in your best 80s gear, and get ready to get down. I’m one of the costume contest judges and I already have my Designing Women-inspired outfit ready to go, sequins and all, so you’ve gotta top me if you want to win (and I may or may not have purchased an eyeshadow palette called “Azure Dream” and “suntan” Leggs pantyhose from Rite Aid last night). So show up and look fly.
You can RSVP on Facebook here. All proceeds benefit WAM. And here’s a little INXS/Madonna sweetness to get you geared up.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Anyone else have June 8th marked on their calendars? by Jill June 8, 2010
- Swingset by Cara January 30, 2009
- Feministe and Planned Parenthood Are Hooking You Up by Jill September 15, 2011
- Clothing swap Wednesday: Support a feminist fashion designer by Jill August 11, 2009
- Fembots Have Feelings Too by Sarah June 10, 2010