Greatest blog post of all time?

Maybe.

About Jill

This entry was posted in Blogging, Food, Fun, Gender and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Greatest blog post of all time?

1. andrea says:

They’re all laughing alone because as we all know from the Simpsons “You don’t win friends with saal-ad!”

*congas out of thread*

2. gretel says:

This is amazing.

I hope there will a follow-up post with women winking while eating yogurt.

3. evil_fizz says:

I just found this on twitter. Dancing with cleaning products should be next.

4. Nahida says:

This reminds me of Sarah Haskins!

5. Manju says:

Why no stock photos of Women Laughing Alone While Drinking Whiskey from Bottle?

6. Ashley says:

Manju: Why no stock photos of Women Laughing Alone While Drinking Whiskey from Bottle?  (Quote this comment?)

We should start that trend.

7. Lottie says:

I don’t get it somehow. Is it something about how they are women doing the stereotypically-female thing of eating salad? In that case, why is it funny?

8. Tony says:

It only looks like salad on the outside ;)

9. Marie says:

OMG–that is hilarious.

Try googling “women eating salad” and then “men eating salad,” and note the higher number of women alone than men alone. Many of the photos of men also had women in them.

Also interesting is “women laughing carrots” or “women laughing cucumbers! You’d think they’d died and gone to heaven! The women eating salad look positively depressed in comparison.

10. “to get desired effect sprinkle 4 tsps cannibis onto salad.
    toss.”

11. Nahida says:

Lottie–It’s an example of ridiculous advertising and the stereotypes reinforced by the media. They’re not selling salad. They’re trying to sell happiness. Women love happiness. Women who eat salad are happy women! Proper women eat salad, and they are happy when they do it.

The next time I take pictures I’m going to shout, SALAD FACE!

12. oldlady says:

Totally with you, Manju.

13. EAMD says:

I mean, that was exactly how I looked when I ate my salad at lunch.

14. David says:

Nahida:
    The next time I take pictures I’m going to shout, SALAD FACE!

I wonder what the patriarchy will do next to control us. SMILING MEN AND CAKE??? >:(

No sir. I WILL NOT HAVE YOUR CAKE. I WILL NOT EAT IT TOO.

15. Soren says:

Wow – I am slightly freaked out. I’ve seen those over the top images before, but a handful of them really drives home how artificial it is. Its straight in th uncanny valley.

16. UnFit says:

Granted, there are no grey hoodeis in the salad photos, but a lot of the outfits are close enough.

17. PharaohKatt says:

That’s right David. Mocking advertising is exactly the same as saying THE PARTIARCHY IS OPRESSING US WITH SALAD ZOMG!!!!

18. PharaohKatt says:

Sorry for the double post.
    I think this picture is fairly apt, no?

Image Description: A white woman holding a Marino glass with a slushy pink alcoholic beverage in it. She is smiling.

19. Bushfire says:

“To cite Sarah Haskins: Yogurt eaters come from all races, but only from one soceoeconomic class: the one that wears grey hoodies.”

“It says, ‘I have a master’s degree, but then I got married’ ” (and ate salad).

20. April says:

Ashley:
    We should start that trend.

I’m in.

21. outrageandsprinkles says:

Oh crap-I am wearing a gray hoodie right at this moment! I have no desire to eat salad, or yogurt, while laughing though. I am, however, about to do the dishes while skipping, and then maybe eat a cupcake while sobbing uncontrollably. Where is my ad campaign?!

22. manboobz says:

Those gals are up to something, I know it.

23. Bushfire says:

Those gals are up to something, I know it.

Maybe captions need to be written underneath the pictures to show what they are thinking?