If those drugs are possibly being given to women who have had abortions. A nurse practitioner at an Idaho Planned Parenthood called a local Walgreen’s pharmacy to fill a prescription for Methergine, a medicine used to prevent or control bleeding of the uterus following childbirth or an abortion. The pharmacists refused to fill the prescription unless the nurse told her whether or not the patient had an abortion. Because of patient confidentiality laws, the nurse refused to disclose that information, and asked for a referral to another pharmacy. The pharmacist hung up.
Let’s recap: A nurse practitioner needed a medication to prevent bleeding. The pharmacist refused to fill it without knowing if the patient had an abortion because… why? If the patient had terminated a pregnancy, the pharmacist would refuse to give her medicine to stop bleeding? That is how you kill people. And if you’re a pharmacist, refusing to fill prescriptions because you don’t like the choices a patient may have made should be grounds for immediate firing.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Washington pharmacists angry that they have to do their jobs by Jill July 27, 2007
- Arizona Nun Excommunicated for Saving a Patient’s Life by Jill May 17, 2010
- That’s some “conscience” by Jill December 15, 2009
- And By “Pro-Life” We Actually Mean, “Go Die Of An Infection You Slut” by Jill April 13, 2006
- The best comment section you will read today by Jill April 5, 2013