By now, you’ve inevitably heard all about the U.S. House’s vote to block all funding to Planned Parenthood. This is a major threat to reproductive health, and would result in devastating cuts that would limit access to all kinds of care from pap smears to STD tests to cancer screenings to birth control. This is a direct attack on the rights and health of women and trans* people.
On Saturday, February 26th, Planned Parenthood NYC is holding a Rally for Women’s Health in Manhattan from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. More information is available at their Facebook page.
Immediately prior to that event (and partnering with the Planned Parenthood rally) is a Walk for Choice event. The Walk for Choice is taking place in a slew of cities all around the country, with a couple even outside the U.S., and you can find a complete listing of events here.
Please feel free to leave additional information about other events related to choice and the recent attacks on Planned Parenthood in the comments.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Call Congress to Protect Planned Parenthood Funding by Cara March 4, 2009
- Virginia drivers: order your pro-choice plates today! (UPDATED) by Rachel January 17, 2010
- IMPORTANT: Time To Send Your Comments To HHS Is Running Out by Cara September 20, 2008
- Miles For Midwives by Cara August 21, 2009
- Bush Officially Proposes Anti-Abortion DHHS Rule by Cara August 22, 2008