1. Jess
    Jess February 21, 2011 at 1:54 pm |

There’s a rally in Portland, Oregon tonight at 5 PST, at the PP on MLK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165000120217356
    Other PP regions are having rallies too.

2. Jill
    Jill February 21, 2011 at 3:04 pm | *

I’ll be there! Hope other Feministe readers will also come.

3. paraxeni
    paraxeni February 21, 2011 at 5:42 pm |

As I’m here in the UK I can only offer my unwavering support of my sisters and brothers in the US. Those of us outside your borders are horrified that this is not something out of the Onion, but a real and deadly battle that nobody should be forced to fight.

Best of luck.

4. tinfoil hattie
    tinfoil hattie February 22, 2011 at 12:01 am |

This is a direct attack on the rights and health of women and trans* people.

Isn’t it an attack on anyone who is sexually active, or wants to be? Don’t men use birth control and have risks for STDs?

5. tinfoil hattie
    tinfoil hattie February 22, 2011 at 12:01 am |

This is a direct attack on the rights and health of women and trans* people.

6. Claudette Tribuzio
    Claudette Tribuzio February 22, 2011 at 12:16 am |

When are women going to stand up as a group to these (old) men who are still trying to keep women in the 19th century. Write your congress person NOW!

7. LoriA
    LoriA February 22, 2011 at 3:01 am |

I actually had a nightmare last night about PP closing. I need to get me to one of these rallies.

8. Emerald
    Emerald February 22, 2011 at 3:11 pm |

Is there anything going on in Seattle? Because I’d like to be there, and I know a bunch of people who would be right behind me.

9. Pool Boy Magazine » Blog Archive » Walk For Choice Sat. Feb 26th!

[...] Well, a bunch of politicians (i mean ahem…douches) want to take away your access to affordable… [...]

10. Jess
    Jess February 22, 2011 at 11:22 pm |

Emerald: Is there anything going on in Seattle?

There’s a Walk 4 Choice on Saturday.
    These two Facebook pages should have more information:
    There’s a lobby in Oly next Monday: http://www.ppaction.org/site/Calendar?id=100283&view=Detail
    I think most of the rallies outside PPs happened yesterday, alas. But there’s Saturday! Someone at the PDX rally told me that they were going to have another rally on Friday afternoon, to counter our small handful of regular protesters. Maybe other places are thinking similarly?