Unsolved Hysteries

Remember the campaign, started by Devery, to submit photos of your used tampons to Rep. Bobby Franklin in Georgia? Well now there’s a blog aggregating all of the crime scene photos. Meet Unsolved Hysteries, and submit your pics. No zygote death shall go undocumented.

About Jill

This entry was posted in Crime, Feminism, Fun, Health, Politics, Pregnancy, Reproductive Rights and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Unsolved Hysteries

1. Right on! I hope this protest makes a strong impression.

And, if you’ll excuse me, now I need to vomit. I hope people who view the site and contribute have a stronger stomach than me. Hopefully without being TMI here, my partner was on her period all last week, where I noted again that I still get nauseated at the sight of used pads.

2. shah8 says:

There was a long line of post justifying my belief that misanthropy is the perfect way to go.

There really needed to be some humor.

Thanks.

3. Bushfire says:

I wish there was a “like” button for this like on Facebook.

LIKE.

4. Emeryn says:

DAMN ME.

I apparently had my head up in the clouds and didn’t see Devery’s original call for justice. I had my period over the weekend and am just spotting right now. All those used tampons gone to waste. *sheds a tear*

I think there are used applicators in the trash can, though. Would photos of those count, or would they just nail me for destroying evidence?

• Jill says:

Emeryn, I think you should make an effort to photograph any and all items which may have fertilized eggs on them. Applicators totally count. Photograph away!

5. Bushfire says:

Well now I’ve thought about this more, I’ve realized the the Diva Cup is basically a murder weapon. Upon emptying the cup, women dump it in – gasp – the toilet! All that evidence, and potential zygotes, down the drain! Perhaps senator what’s-his-face should charge women with obstructing evidence if they either use a Diva cup or throw out their used menstrual peraphenalia?

6. sabrina says:

@ bushfire, I’m going to be emptying my menstrual cup into a jar, and photographing that, along with any and all stains on my sheets and panties

7. Djinna says:

Like someone else in the other thread, I also use Mirena, and so haven’t had anything remotely resembling a period in several years. But, fortunately for me, I’m due for a new one next month, and my gyne’s office is barely out of the way going from his district to the Capitol in downtown ATL, just a couple exits around the Perimeter, so I’m going to invite him to come interview the old Mirena after removal and prior to medical waste disposal (but not with me in the room, of course, everyone knows that you can’t interview a potential witness in front of the presumed murderess). As I’ve taken to saying, I’m sure he will get just as many useful answers about potential nefarious miscarriages by asking it as he would from any woman grieving a lost pregnancy. He’s even welcome to give a lecture to the new one prior to insertion, so that it knows that it’s only allowed to prevent ovulation, and that if any eggs happen to sneak out of my ovaries and get fertilized, it absolutely has to let them set up shop. And super-duper pinky-swear to exit politely if one does visit, and not cause a miscarriage of a zygotic-Georgian upon removal.

According to the schedule, it looks like they’ll be out of session by then, but I’ll generously offer to reschedule my appointment if given sufficient notice.

8. Cha-Cha says:

This is a wonderful effort to get to the bottom of crimes involving the serial killer that is my reproductive unit.

A question, however: it strikes me that every time one of my male partners jacks off into the toilet or the sheets or his hand or what have you, approximately, what, 111 million POTENTIAL HALVES OF AN UNBORN BABY are getting flushed? So I ask: WHERE IS TEH JUSTISS for the millions of halves of a unborn children that are getting thrown away like so much refuse every time one of my be-penised friends needs to rub one out? Shouldn’t they be collecting it in a cup and submitting the evidence along side my crime fighting efforts to stop my uterine killing machine?

Maybe it’s just me, but I also feel like as long as a fetus is testifying in Ohio re: my humanity and so forth, we might as well hear from a cup full of jizz. Also, maybe, my used tampon. VICTIMZ OF TEH FEMINAZI BABY DEATH CAMPAIGN.

9. Caity says:

I don’t envy the politicians you’re saddled with (not that Canada’s perfect), but I must say I’m a little miffed that I can’t really get in on the fun, being non-Georgian. This protest idea is absolutely brilliant, even if the law it’s in response to is no laughing matter.

10. Bushfire says:

Well, obviously, men may not masturbate. It’s even prohibited in the Bible. Something about “spilling seed”.

11. Devery says:

Be sure to actually submit photos! It’s very easy just click on the “submit your evidence” link. That one tampon-middle-finger one has been all lonely for 4 days now.

12. aine says:

i’m sad that i’m the only feminist who finds this “used tampon photoz!!” thing super immature and overall pretty embarrassing.