It’s the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day, and, to celebrate, I thought it would be an idea to read opinion pieces from women around the world on what IWD means in their contexts.
- For The Fiji Times, Matelita Ragogo writes Ignorance is not an excuse anymore.
- Dr Elizabeth Menon writes Elusive equality at India’s The Hindu.
- At the UK’s The Guardian, Lucy Mangan says The feminist fight is not over yet.
- Adele Horin writes Stuck on an uneven playing field for The Sydney Morning Herald in Australia. Also in Australia, if you’ll permit me, I myself wrote a piece on celebrating IWD for Yopinion.
- My wall of women comforts me by Heather Mallick at The Toronto Star in Canada.
- At The Zimbabwean, My battery-powered legacy by Fungai Machirori.
- International Women’s Day is very soon! by Chally February 28, 2010
- Blog for International Women’s Day by Cara March 8, 2010
- Happy International Women’s Day! by Jill March 8, 2013
- Women Across the Globe Speak Out on International Women’s Day by Jill March 10, 2008
- International Women’s Day: What Are You Doing? by Cara February 21, 2009