Nice hats.

Rupert Murdoch testimony photo with everyone wearing hats

(Photo credit: Gary He).

About Jill

This entry was posted in Art, Media & Media Literacy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The only thing I am going to say (today) about the NewsCorp phone hacking scandal

1. groggette says:

*slowest of slow claps*

2. William says:

I find this image deeply offensive. The Newscorp scandal is a national tragedy and Jill is showing her non-tabloid privilege in making light of so painful an event. Furthermore, the clear photoshopping involved here is evidence of your hypocrisy, given your clear disregard for the autonomy of the pixels you have altered. Finally, putting those hats on the heads of all those people in the audience is indistinguishable from rape/the holocaust/eating meat/not dating MRAs. Of course I wouldn’t expect you to care. I’m leaving feministe forever!

3. Andie says:

You forgot to flounce.

4. Nobody says:

Both the subjects being investigated and the committee doing the inquiring should be required to wear those hats during questioning.

5. twelve o'clock says:

THANK YOU. I’m so glad there’s also some funny stuff about this – serious as it is, there’s only so many liveblogs I can take.

6. Emolee says:

I think anybody in a courtroom, congressional hearing, or other formal procedure should wear those during questioning.

But never in a driver’s license picture.

7. XtinaS says:

Murdoch’s pose:

“I can’t hear a thing in this hat!”

8. Gretel says:

I want to buy you not just a drink for this, but all the drinks. Well played, Jill.

9. What the hell is Jay Rockefeller doing there?

10. Nancy Green says:

Great! I’m more fascinated by Rebekah Brooks hair. She may be evil, but her hair is awesome.

11. Pingback: Too Funny | Kmareka.com

12. Iris says:

Nancy Green:

She does have awesome hair. And one of those hats would just be the icing on the cake. So to speak.

13. Bombus says:

Where on earth do you find these?

14. I love you sooooo, so much.

15. Kristin A says:

The whole news story is so dull, that even the photoshopper couldn’t be bothered to align them correctly! I wonder if they work for the Daily Mail. (see: Daily Fail photoshop disasters for a good laugh).