Shoshie is one of the 2012 roster of Guest Bloggers.

1. Andie
    Andie August 3, 2011 at 11:53 am |

Hahah… that’s awesome. Funnily enough I’m working on a blog post about lack of available parking (or more specifically, lack of access to so-called ‘public’ bodies of water due to lack of parking.. in the context of an area with no public transit)

But yeah.. if I were a cyclist that kind of stuff would piss me off. Tanks are so much more awesome when they’re not killing people.

2. preying mantis
    preying mantis August 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm |

APCs to the rescue. This makes me happier than that video of the cyclist crashing into things obstructing the bike lane in NYC set to jaunty music. Maybe we can have a video of bunnies running over illegally parked cars in real tanks set to jaunty music eventually.

3. scrumby
    scrumby August 3, 2011 at 12:31 pm |

I read this the first time as “villainous mayor fights illegally parked cars.”

4. preying mantis
    preying mantis August 3, 2011 at 12:33 pm |

(Though the cyclist who filmed himself crashing into things in NYC did not, to the best of my knowledge, buy any of the things prior to running into them.)

5. scrumby
    scrumby August 3, 2011 at 12:33 pm |

I read this the first time as “villainous mayor fights illegally parked cars.” Now I can’t help but think Kingpin is kind of falling down on the job…

6. Bitter Scribe
    Bitter Scribe August 3, 2011 at 12:35 pm |

From what I know of Lithuanians, it’s lucky he didn’t go after some actual illegally parked cars with that tank. Those people don’t mess around.

7. Erica
    Erica August 3, 2011 at 5:09 pm |

I’m disappointed it wasn’t real. :(

8. Josephine.e
    Josephine.e August 3, 2011 at 5:36 pm |

preying mantis:
    APCs to the rescue.This makes me happier than that video of the cyclist crashing into things obstructing the bike lane in NYC set to jaunty music.Maybe we can have a video of bunnies running over illegally parked cars in real tanks set to jaunty music eventually.

Need link!

Pretty please?

9. preying mantis
    preying mantis August 4, 2011 at 7:29 am |

He stops arguing with the policeman over his ticket at 0:50. First crash is at 1:20.

10. Glauke
    Glauke August 4, 2011 at 8:06 am |

I’m really happy that he cleaned up the mess himself, too! That’s unfortunately uncommon in politicians…

My friend suffered a severe concussion cycling into an illegally parked car once, so I have rather strong feelings n this subject :s

11. Sheelzebub
    Sheelzebub August 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm |

As a pedestrian, people parking in the bike lane make me go ballistic. It’s unsafe and really rude. I don’t think these motorists would be thrilled if I was to park my car in the middle of a driving lane.

Ohhhh. . .