The Greatest Thing That Has Ever Happened To Me In My Entire Life

This video:

[Description: Mash-up of Cookie Monster singing "God's Away on Business" by Tom Waits. Lyrics here]. This is even better than the time I won a Babysitter’s Club poster at a raffle in the 3rd grade, which is to date the only raffle prize I have ever won.

Via Videogum, which also meets all of your cute animal needs.

Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Jadey
    Jadey August 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm |

Technical note:

When I click through to the post page, everything is fine, but when viewing from the main page, Jill’s Cookie Monster video has been replaced with the Condom Action Movie video from a couple of posts before, and that video has been replaced with the Yes Means Yes ad from the sidebar. Reloading the page fixed nothing. I’m viewing this on whatever is the most recent version of Firefox for Windows.

2. Echo Zen
    Echo Zen August 17, 2011 at 3:08 pm |

Hmm, I’m using Firefox 5.0 on Windows Vista, and Cookie Monster’s playing without incident on the main page. :-)

3. Florence
    Florence August 17, 2011 at 4:02 pm |

IMMD.

4. Florence
    Florence August 17, 2011 at 4:02 pm |

IMMD.

5. Jadey
    Jadey August 17, 2011 at 4:08 pm |

Hmm, it appears to be okay now. I blame gremlins?

6. Echo Zen
    Echo Zen August 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm |

It’s probably Flash. Sometimes I’ll click the play button for a YouTube video, and a frame from a video I watched earlier will flash onscreen for a split-second before my current video plays.

7. Kristen J
    Kristen J August 17, 2011 at 4:54 pm | *

Gremlins are responsible for all html error message. Scientific fact.

8. Florence
    Florence August 17, 2011 at 5:14 pm |

Gremlins duplicated my comment, too.

9. zuzu
    zuzu August 17, 2011 at 5:15 pm |

Not gremlins, but dwarves, and Tom Waits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4_zaZ3utUY

10. Elise
    Elise August 17, 2011 at 7:38 pm |

This is the most amazing thing ever.

11. zuzu
    zuzu August 18, 2011 at 1:38 am |

Really, it could only be better if Cookie Monster wore a fascinator.

12. Rachel
    Rachel August 18, 2011 at 9:39 am |

See, for me, it’s this:

13. LC
    LC August 18, 2011 at 11:04 am |

First off, I have to commend zuzu for bringing up Heigh Ho!. I had that album in vinyl and played that song for people all the time, asking them to tell me when they figured out what song it was. Watching their faces as they clicked onto what it was… delightful.

Rachel, that’s great. Of course, the muppets are so perfect for this kind of thing.

(Mind, you I remain terribly over-fond of this example of how our brains work. This is because I am a terrible person.)

14. Sid
    Sid August 18, 2011 at 1:17 pm |

Well no matter how “sad” your life is, it can’t be nearly as bad as the dude who had to amass enough unique mouth puppet-lyric coordinated clips to do this.