5. They could talk about anything, from Milton to the best lacrosse players in the Ivy League. Growing up with so many boys, Mr. Levy said, “I didn’t know you could develop the kind of connection with a girl where she really understands you.”
4. “My parents,” she added, “didn’t raise us to have a sense of entitlement.”
3. The reception followed at the bride’s large and gracious childhood home in Garrison.
2. Ms. Pataki felt much the same way: “I was between two brothers, so Dave’s masculinity didn’t bother me. I was comfortable with silence.”
1. Charlotte d’Orchimont, who has known Ms. Pataki since they were both in the second grade in Garrison, N.Y., said, “Alli is someone others have always been drawn to.” She added that Ms. Pataki “was definitely the most popular girl in our class.”