1. Shoshie
    Shoshie October 10, 2011 at 6:56 pm |

WIN.

2. MJ
    MJ October 10, 2011 at 7:15 pm |

*slow clap*

ALL OF THE INTERNETS FOR YOU!

3. zuzu
    zuzu October 10, 2011 at 8:19 pm |

A flounce-and-bounce on your *own* post!

That’s got to be a record.

4. Skateaway
    Skateaway October 10, 2011 at 8:26 pm |

That was a first class pre-emptive flounce!

5. victoriaversailles
    victoriaversailles October 10, 2011 at 8:55 pm |

I love this.

6. Johnny Heartbeat
    Johnny Heartbeat October 10, 2011 at 9:09 pm |

NO ONE show my wife that website.

(“Hey girl. I know that trying to control your gaze is retrograde and confers a patriarchal level of authority on what should be an equal partnership, but I’m already pretty sure you’re thinking of Ryan Gosling most of the time anyway.”)

7. Johnny Heartbeat
    Johnny Heartbeat October 10, 2011 at 9:14 pm |

Btw, Ryan Gosling is totally a feminist, for a definition of feminist which includes “Hollywood men who say anti-misogynist things once or twice while simultaneously avoiding any truly heinous public sexism.”

8. Foglet
    Foglet October 10, 2011 at 9:34 pm |

I was linked to this during application prep for PhD programs. It was a welcomed and hilarious distraction.

Actually thought of Feministe when I first saw it :)

9. Lori
    Lori October 10, 2011 at 9:34 pm |

I saw the Ryan Gosling link this weekend and loved it. I think it is funny and not just because I heart Ryan Gosling. And my husband has now taken to calling RG my “boyfriend.” If only.

10. groggette
    groggette October 11, 2011 at 10:16 am |

… I love you, Caperton.

11. samanthab
    samanthab October 11, 2011 at 11:01 am |

I think it’s probably a fallacy that everybody likes to cuddle? (But I do love cuddling and dedicate a lot of time to it myself so I’m not the person to speak confidently r.e. cuddle-not-lovers.)

Caperton, you are fully entitled to some restorative amusement on occasion. No one’s activism benefits from emotional burn out, to my mind.

12. DouglasG
    DouglasG October 11, 2011 at 11:44 am |

Applause for both Posts #1 and #2.

But whoever thought it was a good idea to try that tie-in to Virginia Woolf… no. Just, no.