Feministe’s Next Top Troll: Season 8

Ok, everyone, it’s Top Troll season again! We have rounded up some of the best of the worst comments from the past year, and will be publishing them for your amusement/horror. We’ll have a series of voting rounds where the trolls will compete against each other. Judge them however you like; I personally give points for style, (lack of) punctuation/proper grammar, inexplicable capitalization, magnificent use of stereotype, creative insult and degree to which the comment reveals the commenter’s status as a basement-dweller and/or sufferer of total soul-rot.

These are troll comments, so let it be known that they are not nice. They are almost universally sexist. Many of them are racist. Many of them are victim-blaming. They employ insults; those insults vary in both their creativity and crudeness. So if you do not want to hear about how feminists are man-hating c-words? I would skip this contest! If you think that troll contests just give trolls more attention and make some readers feel bad? Ok! That is your opinion, and I have heard it before, at least five times every time we do this contest. I have decided that I do not agree, and that the benefits of Feministe’s Next Top Troll (which, let’s be honest, mostly amount to “This makes Jill, and also some other people with perverse senses of humor, laugh”) outweigh the negatives. If troll contests and troll comments rub you the wrong way, please skip the Next Top Troll posts. They will all be clearly marked, so this will not be hard.

However, if mocking trolls makes you feel a little bit better about your life, or if you get tired of reading about how horrible feminists are and you would like to take a moment to mock the people who spend their days leaving comments on blogs about how horrible feminists are, and if you are genuinely able to laugh at the toads who sometimes drop by Feministe, then enjoy. The season will commence shortly.

About Jill

This entry was posted in General and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Feministe’s Next Top Troll: Season 8

1. Vertigo says:

Feministe’s Next Top Troll — easily one of the highlights of my year.

2. *clap clap clap* YAAAAAAAAY!

3. Tei Tetua says:

ALREADY? Damn, we are all getting old fast.

4. Li says:

Oh oh oh! And with such a competitive field this year!

5. I look forward to this contest like it was a cold bottle of Boylan’s Diet Cream Soda.

6. Ashley says:

This should be interesting. I sometimes ride the fence on the idea of mocking trolls. I ran a blog some time ago that did something similar to this, but I felt that it only encouraged more trolling, and people were even fake trolling just for the attention of it all. “There is no such thing as bad publicity.”

7. thinksnake says:

I have heard wonders about these, my very first! Yay!

8. Tori says:

1) Has it really been a year already?

2) BRING ON THE TICKY BUTTONS.

9. Pingback: FNTT Season 8, Round 1: the “So a girl and a vibrator walk onto a plane…” edition |

10. matlun says:

Improvement suggestion: Is it possible to link back to the original thread this was from? While I guess the comments themselves are moderated it could be interesting.

Some of the comments make no sense without context. (And a couple of them probably would not make sense with context either, but still…)

• Jill says:

People ask for this every year, but it would honestly take so much extra time that it’s not worth it on my end. Sorry.

11. may says:

These always make my day!

12. Natalie says:

I look forward to this time of the year almost as much girl scout cookie time. bring on the lolz

13. Pingback: FNTT Season 8, Round 1: the “So a girl and a vibrator walk onto a plane…” edition | My Blog

14. Pingback: FNTT Season 8, Round 1: the “Nine times out of ten it’s an electric shaver. But every once in a while…” edition | My Blog

15. DragonBreath says:

Hmm I wonder if any of these trolls are re thug politicians incognito?

16. Sara says:

I’m a fan of FNTT. Mocking trolls is a valuable source of fun available to reasonable people living in an unreasonable world.

17. Pingback: Tuesday Teasers: Stuff I’ve Been Reading [#4] - The Pursuit of Harpyness

18. rayuela23 says:

I’m gonna be so cut if the Amirite ladies don’t win this year.

19. Qoak says:

After reading a few of these posts I’m starting to worry that many of these people aren’t actually trolls…

20. Pingback: FNTT Season 8, Round 1: the U Ugly! edition | My Blog