Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Tomek Kulesza
    Tomek Kulesza February 12, 2012 at 4:12 pm |

And thus the USA entered the age long predicted in Science-Fiction. Every sperm is sacred!

2. PrettyAmiable
    PrettyAmiable February 12, 2012 at 5:02 pm |

I understand that Republicans are not trying to police our unfertilized eggs (except every time they try to smack down contraception), but the women who have been tacking on these measures to every ridiculously conservative abortion bill are doing us a huge favor.

3. Athenia
    Athenia February 12, 2012 at 8:12 pm |

I think if we went on sex strike, THEN they would suddenly be concerned with our unfertilized eggs. LOL

4. Comrade Kevin
    Comrade Kevin February 12, 2012 at 8:38 pm |

I think this assumes a lot about the average guy. There’s been a whole lot of semen spilling in their lifestyle. Do you know how many galaxies have been cast aside from their ultimate purpose?

5. A.Y. Siu
    A.Y. Siu February 12, 2012 at 10:03 pm |

The creator, the bible tells us, knew each of us before we were “knit” in the womb. He knew the very sperm and egg that would unite to make us who we are.

Anti-choice conservative Christians love to quote the Bible out of context. The whole point of Psalm 139 is that God knew before anything happened. Other parts of that passage: “Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely” and “Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” The point of the song is not to say that life begins at inception (once sperm and egg meet). The point is actually the opposite—even before people are people, God knows them.

Oh, and Monty Python’s probably having a laugh, too!

6. Jamie
    Jamie February 13, 2012 at 1:50 am |

… And this is why, citizens, I support laundromat automation to seek out those of either gender who fail to preserve our precious bodily fluids.

7. William
    William February 13, 2012 at 11:02 am |

our precious bodily fluids.

Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rainwater, and only pure-grain alcohol?

8. Angel H.
    Angel H. February 13, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
    our precious bodily fluids.

I happened to see this comment right after swallowing a big gulp of tap water.

Thanks for that, William. >:P

9. Marlene
    Marlene February 13, 2012 at 4:28 pm |

I happened to see this comment right after swallowing a big gulp of tap water.

Dear GOD! Your essence is in peril!

10. knivesout
    knivesout February 13, 2012 at 6:13 pm |

I think they should add another amendment: Having sex with a pregnant woman (or while pregnant) is a sex crime against a minor! No child should be that close to a grown man’s genitalia, right?

11. Manju
    Manju February 13, 2012 at 9:21 pm |

Heh. But isn’t his how gender became a protected class? Howard Smith…1964 Civil Rights Act.

So you never know…

12. Stella Marr
    Stella Marr February 17, 2012 at 10:14 pm |

This amendment is brilliant. Thanks so much for drawing our attention to it. XO