Managed to miss this year’s Oscar nominees, and now you’re biting your nails because the big night is coming and you aren’t prepared?! Me, either. But the good people at Jest have us covered in adorable fashion, with Kids Reenact the Oscar Nominees (Part 1 and Part 2).
For instance, if you missed The Help, you can jump straight to 0:46 on the video so little kids can show you what you missed.
KID-AIBILEEN. And that’s our story.
KID-SKEETER. Phew. There. I solved racism!
[KID AIBILEEN and KID-MINNY shake their heads.]
KID-SKEETER. We solved racism?
KID-SKEETER. I feel better about being a white person and you’ll lose your job?
KID-MINNY. Mm-hmm. At least I made that white lady eat doo-doo. Mm-hmm.
For those of you who have Oscar parties planned (and I don’t judge), the National Domestic Workers Alliance has assembled a toolkit encouraging viewers to #BeTheHelp. The NDWA has suggestions for activities and resources throughout the show and during commercials to help demystify and un-romanticize the experiences of domestic workers, along with information about pertinent legislation, directions for making donations, and a reminder to stock up on snacks because, after all, it’s a party. (Just be careful with your menu. I mean, seriously, who does this?)
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- New York Domestic Workers Fight to Pass Bill of Rights by Cara April 12, 2010
- It’s Cold & Flu Season….Do You Have Paid Sick Days? by La Lubu September 17, 2009
- New York Expected to Extend Protections to Domestic Workers by Jill June 3, 2010
- Oscars Open Thread by Jill March 8, 2010
- Six Women Murdered, Three Still Missing, and Nobody Seems to Notice by Cara August 26, 2009