Is up at Greta Christina’s place. The thread is for sex workers only to share their experiences, so if you’ve done sex work, head over there. The comment section is an interesting and enlightening read, and showcases a variety of experiences. It’s also worth reading with the perspective that, while the internet is a large and diverse place, there are certain privileges inherent in having internet access, being literate, writing in English, being a part of online “free thought” communities, etc etc. So while the experiences documented are indeed diverse, there are certainly lots of voices that aren’t in that conversation (and I’ll refer everyone back to Audacia Ray for further consideration).
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Centering Sex Worker Voices by Jill February 8, 2013
- 7 Key American Sex Worker Activist Projects by Audacia Ray July 29, 2009
- The Sex Workers Rights Thing: An Overview by Ren August 18, 2008
- What do sex workers think about the ethics of biomedical research studies that are done on them? by Audacia Ray August 4, 2009
- The East, the West and Sex: Author Richard Bernstein responds by Jill July 8, 2009