Not joking, the wedding section of the Times this week is actually good. This Modern Love, about love and marriage between two older folks, is about the sweetest thing you will read this month, and if you don’t cry by the end you have no soul. This marriage announcement contains the line, “The bride, 97, is keeping her name,” which is about the best thing I’ve ever read. And this look back at a 40-year marriage defined by a commitment to social justice and a son’s well-being is also just lovely. And yes I’m a cranky feminist who will probably never get married, but a good marriage story still gets me. Maybe I’ll finally consent to the betrothal thing when I’m 80.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Bride Price by Jill January 18, 2013
- Groom tries to take wife’s last name, is grounded by Florida DMV by Caperton January 31, 2013
- Your wedding is the most special, important, valuable day of your entire existence, but you are a crazy bitch if you plan it too much. by Jill January 28, 2013
- Divorcing ourselves from traditional marriage by Jill February 4, 2013
- The purpose of marriage is to create unplanned and unintended offspring by Jill January 29, 2013