My only thoughts on the 30 Rock finale

“New York third-wave feminist, college-educated, single and pretending to be happy about it, overscheduled, undersexed, you buy any magazine that says “Healthy Body Image” on the cover, and every two years, you take up knitting for … a week.” (The Jack Donaghy Insult Generator is pretty great).

About Jill

This entry was posted in Entertainment, Feminism, Popular Culture and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to My only thoughts on the 30 Rock finale

1. Lauren says:

My favorite exchange on the show is Liz asking Jack why he’s wearing a tuxedo. He says: “It’s after six. What am I, a farmer?”

All the lulz.

2. The first three seasons were great. The writing was top-notch and I loved the one-liners. But my beef is that 30 Rock lost its initial dangerous, edgy vibe over time.

For example, the Tracy Jordan character went from sinister to cartoonish buffoon. The longer the show went on, the more it lost its biting wit and desire to take risks. The last few seasons were really painful to watch, in my humble opinion.

• amblingalong says:

I’m with you.

• Denise Winters says:

I agree on Jordan. Initially it made sense why Grizz and Dotcom would be friends with him. He did outrageous things but it was highlighted he was actually a devoted husband and parent (quitting to actually spend more time with his family when he realized just how much money he had) and doing some pretty funny but smart race conscious things like dropping knowledge about slave-owning and Crispus Attacks on some U.S. founding father performers.

3. speedbudget says:

As a Delawarean, I will always love the “HOCKessin” episode.

4. TomSims says:

I liked the show overall and am a big Tina Fey fan. I think the writing was great. However Alec Baldwin is a total douchbag.

• EG says:

However Alec Baldwin is a total douchbag.

Agreed. I actually can’t bear to watch him. Too upsetting.