To mark International Women’s Day, this week’s threadful host is the Hope Quilt, symbol of the Hope for Housekeepers campaign against unfair work practices for hotel housekeepers (a mostly female workforce). Please natter/chatter/vent/rant on anything you like* over this weekend and throughout the week (FYI: Jill published a dedicated IWD post about an hour ago).
e.g. What have you been up to? What would you rather be up to? What’s been awesome/awful?
Reading? Watching? Making? Meeting?
What has [insert awesome inspiration/fave fansquee/guilty pleasure/dastardly ne'er-do-well/threat to all civilised life on the planet du jour] been up to?
* Netiquette footnotes:
* There is no off-topic on the Weekly Open Thread, but consider whether your comment would be on-topic on any recent thread and thus better belongs there.
* If your comment touches on topics known to generally result in thread-jacking, you will be expected to take the discussion to #spillover instead of overshadowing the social/circuit-breaking aspects of this thread.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Weekly Open Thread with Parkour Plumbers by tigtog September 13, 2013
- Weekly Open Thread with Surfing Swans by tigtog December 21, 2013
- Weekly Open Thread with Animals being Jerks by tigtog January 31, 2014
- Weekly Open Thread with wakeboarder and dolphins by tigtog May 30, 2014
- Weekly Open Thread with Crows in Snow by tigtog December 13, 2013