Knowing/caring that Chavez/Chávez is a very common surname in Hispanic cultures might have helped too.
Hugo Chavez[sic] is the recently deceased former socialist President of Venezuela.
Cesar[sic] Chavez[sic] was a labor and civil rights activist. His birthday is celebrated every year on March 31st.
Easter Sunday, the day Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, falls on March 31st this year.
Why am I telling you all this? Well, Google decided to put up a Google Doodle today, March 31st, 2013:
I’m sure some of you already see where this is going. A mouseclick instead of a kneejerk would have saved a lot of egg on a lot of faces.
*Both men’s names used accenting which Anglocentric reportage often elides: so it should be Chávez and César
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Election Zone Thread 2016 #2 by tigtog April 28, 2016
- Election Zone Thread USA 2016 by tigtog March 10, 2016
- Doug Giles gives it to the gays. by Jill October 1, 2007
- So Naomi Wolf is just trolling at this point, right? by Jill January 7, 2011
- Acts and Consequences by Jill January 4, 2010