[Update: Okay, so I’m a sucker. It’s satire. Wishful thinking on my part, I suppose.]
Well, you’ve done it now, Minnesota. You’ve gone and okayed same-sex marriage, and now Michele Bachmann is leaving.
Congresswoman Michele Bachman threatened to leave Minnesota today if the state goes ahead with its plans to legalize gay marriage.
In an interview with a local television station, the conservative firebrand said she believes God will destroy Minneapolis once the legislation is enacted, and wants to be far away when the reckoning happens.
No, don’t go, Michele. Really. Minnesota is begging you. Stay. Well, darn, there she goes.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- One Alabama lawmaker proposes just getting the courts out of the marriage business by Caperton May 6, 2015
- A novel argument against marriage equality by Jill March 15, 2007
- Why Not Gender-Neutral Marriage? by Jill October 19, 2005
- Thanks, Same-Sex Marriage Ban! by Jill May 31, 2006
- Sin and same-sex marriage by Lauren April 6, 2005