LGBT community to the state of Minnesota: “YOU’RE WELCOME.”

[Update: Okay, so I’m a sucker. It’s satire. Wishful thinking on my part, I suppose.]

Well, you’ve done it now, Minnesota. You’ve gone and okayed same-sex marriage, and now Michele Bachmann is leaving.

Congresswoman Michele Bachman threatened to leave Minnesota today if the state goes ahead with its plans to legalize gay marriage.

In an interview with a local television station, the conservative firebrand said she believes God will destroy Minneapolis once the legislation is enacted, and wants to be far away when the reckoning happens.

No, don’t go, Michele. Really. Minnesota is begging you. Stay. Well, darn, there she goes.

This entry was posted in GLBTQ, Politics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to LGBT community to the state of Minnesota: “YOU’RE WELCOME.”

1. mkdc says:

Daily Currant is satire, no? How I wish it were true…

2. DTGinSTL says:

Daily Currant is unfortunately a satirical site, but oh how I wish that story were true.

3. EG says:

“God will destroy Minneapolis” just doesn’t pack a lot of threatening oomph as a threat.

Anyway, isn’t God busy, what with Argentina, Belgium, Canada, the Netherlands, Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa and Sweden to destroy, to say nothing of DC, Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Maine, Maryland, Washington, Delaware, and Rhode Island, even if God isn’t feeling like going abroad? What makes Bachman think Minneapolis is so special as to merit particular attention?

4. A4 says:

Poe’s Law in action!

5. A says:

You’re certainly not the first to fall for a daily currant article…

6. yes says:

On the up side, the recently retired pope has some rather uplifting things to say.

7. Kaia says:

Really?….
    This is just depressing to read….

8. JBL55 says:

Yeah, between the earthquakes, volcanoes, flesh-eating diseases, and all that fire & brimstone raining down, life here in Maine has really gone down the tubes since our citizens referendum on marriage equality was passed.

9. Tim says:

I suppose she will be headed back to Waterloo. I hope she turns and looks back as she crosses the border — a Michele Bachman Pillar of Salt would be an awesome tourist attraction for northern Iowa.

10. Marksman2000 says:

This is satire on steroids.

11. Michelle says:

This one got me too. I wrote a withering, epic response, dripping with contempt. And then I had to mumble a hasty “uh nevermind,” and sheepishly delete.

…In our defense, one shouldn’t try to satirize Michele Bachmann. You just can’t exaggerate it to the point where the reader can recognize it as something she would not actually say. I could totally picture her actually giving this interview, and that makes it less funny and more scary.

• Marksman2000 says:

Agreed.

• Datdamwuf says:

I was duped for a moment too, she is so batshit crazy it was believable – but hey someone has to take over for Pat Robertson at some point, she is the perfect “candidate”.

12. Marksman2000 says:

Did anyone catch the latest news on Pat Robertson’s comments to a caller about her husband’s adultery?

Geez, are these people for real?

Some great quotes:

“Stop talking about the cheating. He cheated on you. Well, he’s a man. OK.” And “Males have a tendency to wander a little bit. And what you want to do is make a home so wonderful he doesn’t want to wander.”

Where do these people come from? Wander a little bit? Yeah, right. I know some women who if they catch you “wandering,” they’ll put their foot so far up your ass you’ll need a Rand McNally Road Atlas to remove it.