To mark the 3rd annual International Yarn Bombing Day happening this weekend, this week’s Open Thread is hosted by last year’s Yarn Bomb seen around the world: Sarah Rudder’s knitted R2D2 in Bellingham. Please natter/chatter/vent/rant on anything* you like over this weekend and throughout the week.
Any readers participating or otherwise aware of any guerilla knitting happening in their neighbourhoods this weekend, please drop links to what’s happening in this thread.
So, what have you been up to? What would you rather be up to? What’s been awesome/awful?
Reading? Watching? Making? Meeting?
What has [insert awesome inspiration/fave fansquee/guilty pleasure/dastardly ne’er-do-well/threat to all civilised life on the planet du jour] been up to?
* Netiquette footnotes:
* There is no off-topic on the Weekly Open Thread, but consider whether your comment would be on-topic on any recent thread and thus better belongs there.
* If your comment touches on topics known to generally result in thread-jacking, you will be expected to take the discussion to #spillover instead of overshadowing the social/circuit-breaking aspects of this thread.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Weekly Open Thread with Sand Shadow by tigtog June 14, 2013
- Weekly Open Thread with a Yarn-bombed Willow by tigtog April 5, 2013
- Open Thread with Scratching Badgers by tigtog September 26, 2014
- Weekly Open Thread with Parkour Plumbers by tigtog September 13, 2013
- Weekly Open Thread with Animals being Jerks by tigtog January 31, 2014