Apparently they were fighting for… the obligation for you to feel guilty about having a life you like? The need to be told you’re selfish, shallow and immature for concluding that children are expensive, you don’t feel any strong pull to have them, and you prefer to use your disposable income to do the things you love? The rights of an advice columnist to trot out stories of women who can’t plan their families as a way to shame you for the fact that you not only can, but choose to? Ok then. Feminism!
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Bad Advice by Jill June 2, 2006
- Apparently it’s National Sanctimommy Week on the internet by Jill January 24, 2013
- Selfish Motherhood by Jill July 10, 2006
- No one escapes the Baby Inquisition by zuzu September 28, 2007
- Do Your Duty: Make More Babies! by Jill February 15, 2007