I need a thread on the gutting of the VRA. I was so upset I couldn’t even feel any joy over the end of DoMA. Not even 50 years since Goodman, Schwerner and Chaney were lynched–really lynched, not what conservative assholes call “lynching.” And how many of those states moved to restrict voting how many hours after the ruling? I feel like so much of what was fought for and won with good men and women bleeding and dying was just rolled back and thrown out.
This thread will be pre-moderated.
Addendum: Mother Jones has, as usual, excellent coverage:
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Women’s suffrage (on paper) by Caperton August 26, 2015
- If Roe Goes by Jill September 27, 2008
- Open Buffer Zone “Free Speech” SCOTUS Decision Thread by tigtog June 27, 2014
- Very cautious optimism by zuzu October 1, 2007
- As Supreme Court Nomination Speculation Heats Up, Keeping Our Eyes on the Bigger Prize by Jill May 14, 2009